Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrDave1958
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro reboots when loading HGTV GO app

I have a Streambar pro I purchased in Dec and it has been working fine til today. It is connected to a Roku TV and the HGTV GO app works fine on the TV.

I read thru Roku support and followed the advice to disconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, then disconnect the power cable on both devices. I reconnected the HDMI 1st, then the power cable.

Problem remains.

I then removed the app, rebooted both the TV and Streambar Pro, then reinstalled the app.

Problem remains.

One last note, the streambar pro rebooted one other time when I was trying to rewind a movie on the Amazon Prime app. First it freezes for ~one minute, then reboots.

Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DrDave1958
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar Pro reboots when loading HGTV GO app

One thing I forgot to mention, I also did a factory reset on the Streambar. Problem remains.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @DrDave1958

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DrDave1958
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply Karla. The problem occurs across multiple apps, but not all. Specifically, HGTV go, TLC go, & Discovery+.  The main app I'm concerned with is HGTV go.

As I mentioned in my original post. I followed the process outlined in the Roku help app and removed the station, rebooted, then reinstalled the app. I did this several times to no avail. Problem remains.

Please advise on other troubleshooting methods, or warranty/return instructions.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @DrDave1958

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from your response. Thank you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DrDave1958
Reel Rookie

S/N:  YL00F4139278

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the reply @DrDave1958.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos