Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xenahort

Roku Hisense tv keeps turning on and off nonstop

I've had my Roku tv Hisense 55in for around 2 years. Never had any major problems with it. About almost a week ago my TV just randomly started turning it self on and off and all's it shows is the "Roku - Hisense TV" logo when it turns in and then about 5 secs it turns back off. I got it to stay on long enough to factory reset it and it seemed like it worked but as soon as I got done setting it back up it started turning on and off again. It automatically turns on when I plug it in and it didn't use to do that. I have to leave it unplugged so it stops turning on and off. Even the little red LED light just keeps flashing randomly. Has anyone ever had this problem? I already tried customer support but that was a dead end, they told me to contact the tv manufacturer but I thought id try here first. Thanks for any help you can provide

8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Hisense tv keeps turning on and off nonstop

@Xenahort 

What happens if you take the batteries out of the remote then plug it up? I'm wanting to rule out some weird remote behavior as a cause.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Xenahort

Yeah I've tried taking the batteries out and Ive tried putting new ones in. Tried plugging it in to a different power outlet and tried leaving it unplugged for a couple hours and tried resetting it. Now that I reset it, it always goes to me needing to re input my account and then usually when I get at the end of the start up, it'll start turning back on and off@DBDukes

DBDukes

@Xenahort 

Focus on taking the batteries out. Focus on that only.

You set the TV up, and then it starts the off and on thing again, right? If so, then take the batteries out of the remote. Does the issue continue? With the batteries out, does the issue continue?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Xenahort

@DBDukes yes even with the batteries out of the remote it still turns it self back on when I plug it up and sometimes it'll go to the set up page and it might let me get as far as getting the email link to start the account and sometimes it'll just flash back off and on and the other half of the time it just keeps flashing the Hisense-Roku tv logo. Saw in one post someone had a similar issue and they thought it was cause by a Roku update cause the tv updates by itself. Checks for updates every 24 hours. One other person said they had to replace their power board thing in the tv and that fixes it but I can't do something like that myself.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Xenahort 

Sorry for asking for confirmation, I just wanted to absolutely certain that the remote wasn't a contributing factor. The bad news, as you seem to have concluded, is that something about the TV, possibly the software update, is the problem. And it's out of warranty, being two years old. I was wanting to be sure it wasn't something simple. And it's not.

If it's a physical issue with the Roku TV, then you would need to follow through with the manufacturer.

I have seen that some have been able to force a better update via a USB as described on the page How to use USB to update your Roku TV.

This last thing isn't often the way to go, but it should be ruled out, just in case. Sometimes the update from your network is problematic. It happens. So update from a different network. Use your phone's hotspot to connect your Roku TV, then do a full factory reset, via menu if possible, or pressing the reset button/pinhole for a continuous 30 seconds (a full 30 seconds). Then connect to your hotspot for the update.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Xenahort

@DBDukes yeah I wish it was something simple but from what I've read on here with ppl that have a Hisense roku, it was either caused cause of an update or there main power board in the tv went bad and they had to pay like $85 to buy one an then install it themselves by watching YouTube videos. I didn't know bout the pinhole til I just saw it in the forums when I was reading. That is one thing I haven't tried. I just don't want to have to deal with the manufacturer to cause it'll be a hassle and like you said my warranty is expired already sadly.

0 Kudos
Kathomp

Did you figure it out? My tv is doing the exact same thing 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kathomp

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact them here: Hisense Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos