mccuemat
Reel Rookie

Roku Audio Not synced with Video

I have Roku 4K streaming stick barely a year old with horrible audio delay from video. I've gone through all of the steps and it fixes it for an hour or so before reverting back to delay. Switched to a regular Roku streaming stick and have no issues. I've already communicated with support who are escalating to their engineering team yet it has been over a week and no response. Funny how it has issues just after it's warranty is up and no one will actually fix the issue or replace the defective device. 

Horribly service!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Audio Not synced with Video

Welcome to the Roku community, @mccuemat!

We understand that you're experiencing audio delay with your Roku streaming stick, and we're here to help. Before we proceed, we would like to gather more information about the issue. Could you please answer the following questions to assist us in troubleshooting:

• Is the audio delay happening on all channels?
  • If it's happening on one channel, have you tried removing and re-adding the channel (App)?
  • When does this issue occur?
  • Are any other devices, such as speakers, connected to the TV?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

In the meantime, we suggest restarting your Internet router and Roku device. To do so, navigate to the Roku Home screen, scroll down, and choose Settings > System > Power > Restart. 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mccuemat
Reel Rookie

The delay happens on all channels and even the home Roku page when navigating between apps. I've done all of the troubleshooting steps that have been mentioned and went through them with a support member over the phone to the point I had to get the screenshot of my device. Restarted device, restarted network, changed HDMI ports, changed sound to stereo, changed TV audio type etc. Also, There are no external speakers connected.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @mccuemat!

We appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. We are committed to assisting you. To help us resolve the issue, please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

The information you provide is essential to us, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.