Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Right side of the screen goes dim

Jump to solution

Hi @N8theGr8

Thanks for posting here in the Community! 

Could you tell us the model of the affected Roku device? If it's a Roku TV, we would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
aberteam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good Morning Kariza, do you share this message board with TCL? Because TCL does not provide such an important service.  There is obviously a hardware issue with specific TCL/Roku TV's.  TCL is not interested in helping out-of-warranty TV owners but perhaps if Roku passes on these reported customer issues, TCL will sit up and take notice.

OldSkoool

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. My TCL tv is about 5 years old. Never had this specific issue before, it just started today. Tried the screen saver trick, the first time it worked for about 5 mins, then reverted. It'll work each time I try it, but revert immediately after leaving the screen saver section. Just tried a full factory reset, problem still persists. 

0 Kudos
N8theGr8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@OldSkoool Mine is still doing it, however i found a temporary fix that might work for you. If you change the brightness to the lowest setting then turn off your tv, then turn it back on it goes away and stays away. I'm not sure why. But the lower brightness setting seems to be the only thing that actually helps with flickering and the dim side.

hope that helps

OldSkoool

Jump to solution

@N8theGr8 Tried what you mentioned above, it worked for about 5 mins, then reverted back. Each time I power on my tv, everything is fine for about ~5-10 seconds, then it always just reverts back to the half dark screen. I've had different issues with this tv since I've had it, all were fixable within 10 mins. This is the only issue Ive had, that I haven't been able to fix. 

0 Kudos
Raym1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On your remote push home button 5x.up button 1x. rewind 2x. fast forward 2x . Tv will freeze and reboot. Fixed my right side darkness.

0 Kudos
JADavis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting in touch, but your suggestion did not work.  In fact, the right side of the screen is darker now than it was before.  

0 Kudos
aberteam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried your suggestion on my 43S403 TCL/Roku TV and it does not work.

Dear decision makers and engineers at TCL/Roku, please reply to this discussion thread and let us know if you've researched this complaint.  I would be happy to ship my my TV to you so you can analyze this obvious 'HARD' hardware fault in some of your TVs.

0 Kudos
Raym1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Had to do it a few times but it’s coming back every day☹️

0 Kudos
Ravel

Jump to solution

This worked. You click the star on the Roku remote, then Picture Settings -> Then TV Brightness and choose "Darker" - once you choose that, click the red TV power button on the Roku remote, after it turns off, turn it back on (same button) - and my dark side is gone and the TV is not flickering yet. So strange, we'll see how long it lasts - I usually can't get through a few minutes without the flickering and / or the dark side (actually the dark side, this is the first time I've ever seen it go away)

0 Kudos