Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pmae
Reel Rookie

Rearranged app and the problems resulting from this update

Jump to solution

Not only is there absolutely no reason for Roku to mess eith my home page

i have to do manual everytim i turn on my tv

it says that i can go back to original by hitting a button but dors not say i have to do it daily

roku, quit updating you have no idea how to make the exoerience better, you only want to be more intrusive

it is time to stop this or time to smash my rokus in the middle of the street

llb0514
Reel Rookie

Re: App Order keeps changing even though it is set to Manual

Jump to solution

I know it’s wicked annoying 

Gerric917
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just noticed the rearranging of apps a few days ago. It has happened on more than one Roku device. Very frustrating! Apps I nearly never use are showing up at the top. One thing I really liked about Roku id that I could arrange the APS so the ones I use frequently appear at the top. Now it is a total pain!

BrainStain

Jump to solution

The question goes beyond how to find HOW TO CHANGE THIS, a solution is needed how to KEEP it from doing it again. At least yours was nice enough to ask you, mine just scrambled them without asking.

I found how to turn it off, by changing them to MANUAL, but now how to LOCK that on MANUAL.

After I change it to MANUAL, I scroll left to exit that option, but as Im scrolling back, I see it switch it back to AUTOMATICALLY, like Im not watching it do that behind my back. So I go back and select MANUAL, the check mark is there, I move the cursor left, and it jumps right back to automatically!!!

How do you keep it on MANUAL, is there a SAVE button, how do I save it on MANUAL before it switches on its own back to AUTOMATICALLY????

Wheres the Remove Gremlin button inside my remote?

And why does ROKU think we're wanting to play Russian roulette with my apps, I have better things to do than play Where's Waldo with my apps? Why Roku Why?????

Annoyed

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BrainStain 

You shouldn't have to, but try pressing the OK button after marking the manual box instead of the left arrow.

Then press the Home button to go directly back to the Home Screen.

Some users have reported that the Manual setting is not "sticking" on their devices. (usually remains until the next time they use the device).

Looks like there may just be a bug in this test feature.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Germanicus

Jump to solution

Count me in when the suit is filed!

It started for me last night (Saturday, August 10, 2024). It was fine Friday, then twice in about 20 minutes it did it last night AFTER I changed the setting to manual.

Since I only ever actually use about six of the apps, and generally only use two or three (I don't watch much TV) - I am going to remove all apps except the few that I regularly use.

The rest - and Roku - can eff off.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We acknowledge the information you have provided and will update our team with it. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. As we work on the issue, we hope for your patience and understanding.

Further developments about our investigation will be updated in this thread.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jojo1976

Jump to solution

My living room TV doesn't do this at all (knock on wood), but my bedroom TV does it nightly!!! It's driving me absolutely insane!!!! Fix it Roku, fix it FAST! 

KCT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is EXTREMELY irritating. Changing to manual does not work!! AND it did not change it back to my way! Why mess with what is not broke? Do you just want us to do it your way and not our own? 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jojo1976@KCT,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand your trouble with your app order on your Roku device and are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please note that we've passed your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for additional information for further investigation.

Our team is still investigating this issue. Once feedback is available, we will update you on this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.