Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dadwen

Re: Automatic Tile reordering keeps resetting to 'Automatic' when set to 'Manual'

Jump to solution

If it's a test to try to put the most used apps at the top it's failed miserably, The channels I use the most usually end up three or four rows below and I'm getting really tired of having to turn off the automatic and set it back to manual.  My guess it's more of a test to see if they can try to force you on the channels maybe the channels are paying to have theirs moved up in the list?

Daguerre

Re: App Order keeps changing even though it is set to Manual

Jump to solution

Roku just decided to get rid of any goodwill they've built up to this point.  Shuffling people's content around is frustrating enough, but doing it without even asking first is arrogant beyond measure.

Plus, as someone else on this thread noted, stopping what you're doing and hunting through the controls to find a way to unshuffle the tiles doesn't always work.  It took two tries for me and I'm concerned that even that won't stick.

Amazon Prime Music pulled a similar stunt last year, trying to foist a more expensive version of their service on me by inserting music that I didn't want into my playlists.  

I stopped using Amazon Prime Music after that and Roku may be next.

These are arrogant companies determined to force their users into actions they did not choose or request. 

Dictatorial tactics don't work and don't pay off when people have other choices.

ibeckerman

Re: Automatic Tile reordering keeps resetting to 'Automatic' when set to 'Manual'

Jump to solution

couldn't agree more. What **bleep** at Roku thought this would be well received?

Peyton_Swenson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

File a suit against Roku. Or stop using Roku. 

0 Kudos
Craigavi

Jump to solution

Me too— this sucks. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It was idiotically stupid for Roku to add this "Feature" which is a total annoyance in the first place. Why would anyone ever want Roku to randomly shuffle their app tiles? People like to put things in the order they wish and we don't want some arrogant company who thinks it knows better than us moving them around randomly all the time.

Even if it's on manual sometimes it still happens, which means it's a glitch which means this is yet another thing Roku added without properly testing which is now causing customers frustration. Roku needs to completely get rid of this so the app tiles never move unless you do it yourself.

Peyton_Swenson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly, Roku has no right to do this. I like my apps in the order they are in. Like last night YouTube was on the top of the grid, and when I woke up it was somewhere else. I thought someone had deleted the app but YouTube was moved by Roku to the bottom. 

MadCassandra
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku gave me a message that they had already rearranged mine. I had them arranged the way I wanted. Now I have to waste time putting them back. Dik move Roku.

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users!

Thanks for flagging this matter here in the Roku Community!

We just wanted to let you know that this has already been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team. They are now investigating this problem and working hard to resolve it as quickly as possible. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. Thanks for your feedback and we will strive harder to improve the streaming experience for all users.

Please follow up with this information below: 

• When did you notice the issue occur?
  • Does this occur on multiple Roku devices, or does it happen on a specific Roku device?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • What are the specific steps to reproduce this issue?

By providing these details, our appropriate Roku team will be able to thoroughly investigate this further.

We'll surely update this thread once a resolution has been provided. Please let us know if you need help; our team is always here to assist. 

Sincerely,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grumpma

Jump to solution

Way to go Roku, you've managed to piss off a LOT of people.

I have a 65" TCL Roku TV and two Ultras in other rooms and several times a day they keep reverting back to this automatic PAID PLACEMENT of garbage apps to the top and moving the apps that I USE THE MOST to random locations is beyond the pale.  And every time it does it I go through the useless exercise of menu steps that only temporarily reverts the app arrangement to MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE that has remained unchanged for YEARS.

To say that I'm pissed off is being polite.  I'm getting pretty darn close to taking a hammer to it all then setting the remains on fire with gasoline in the driveway!

Ok, so there's that.  But now you've also gone and pissed off my folks.  My dad is 88 years old and legally blind, he can't read the app tiles and has to go by memory of where they are according to how I set them up for them.  Once the app loads he's ok from that point.  But not any more!

My folks bought the same TCL TV that I own on my recommendation because of ease of use.

BUT THAT'S ALL OUT THE WINDOW NOW!

I have to fix my own devices (several times a day, per device) and I can cope with it but my folks can not!  They are elderly, not tech savvy at all and their eyesight is poor.  So far I've had to drive 10 miles each way over to their place to undo the mess that Roku continues to make and remake out of their TV which renders their TV unusable to them until I go over and fix it for them.  My dad is very, very angry over all this and I'm the one that has to bear the burden because I'm the one that recommended they buy a Roku TV in the first place and I'm the one having to drive 20 miles a day to go "fix" it over and over for them!

What's that I smell?  Oh dear me, I believe that's the smell of a class action (oops, can't say this word) coming soon !!

FIX IT !!!!!!!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.