Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJones222

Re: I watched my ROKU TV turned itself on and install Spotify. It even logged in.

I have a PIN on my roku account and I just watched someone do the same thing to my roku Tv.  someone loaded and ran spotify on it as I watched. How do I stop this?  it is on a shared wifi network in our building. This is a huge security issue.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I watched my ROKU TV turned itself on and install Spotify. It even logged in.

Hello! @MJones222,

A smile is the universal welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will:

• Erase your personal preferences.
  • Unlink your device from your Roku account.
  • Reset all settings and return your device to a state ready for initial setup.

From the settings menu.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Use the following instructions to create or reset your Roku PIN:

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Under PIN Preference, select Update
  3. To set up a PIN, select Create a PIN
  4. To reset an existing Roku PIN, select Change PIN

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJones222

this is a brand new tv!  why do i need to do a factory reset already?  How in the world is someone playing their spotify on my tv and I dont even have the app installed??

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for clarifying, @MJones222.

We apologize for the misunderstanding. In this instance, do you happen to know someone who has access to your Roku account? Please be advised that factory resetting your Roku TV may help you clear any existing data that may be the cause of this occurring issue. 

In addition, mentioning you have connected your Roku TV to a shared network, would you mind connecting it to an alternative network to see if you can still experience the same issue? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos