Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ccouch
Reel Rookie

Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

Jan 2023 same issue as everyone else. @Roku this isn't an issue with any one particular streambar...  It is happening to all of them.  Fix it.  Push an update.  This is obviously an issue with the software running on the streambar.  Fix it.  Elevate the issue and get it fixed.

Everyone in the thread have done an excellent job explaining the characteristics of the issue.  Fix the problem.  Elevate past this thread.

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

Having the same issue here, except I don't notice it on all channels - Hulu is unwatchable though, anytime music plays the instruments are almost muted while some singing voices are not.  Ironically, the other channel that is unwatchable for me is the Roku channel, I learned this trying to watch the Weird Al movie.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @jeremymahoney,

Thanks for your post. 

What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

It's not a specific channel issue. If you have the Soundbar setup through the ARC HDMI port anything played on the TV either Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast it doesn't matter no sound when music is played through the soundbar. Even without it hooked into the ARC Port same issue and scenes/commercials/music videos anything with music playing almost goes mute.

0 Kudos
simonweb
Reel Rookie

We have the same issue, the only potential source for the problem that makes sense to me is multi-channel mixing. E.g. if a show is in 5.1 the streambar has to turn that into stereo. If the backing vocals / harmonies etc. are in, say, the rear two channels they might be coming out very quiet on the streambar stereo output?

We will be dumping the Roku if this isn’t fixed soon, it ruins the movie experience.

Ccouch
Reel Rookie

Same. Seems like Roku doesn't care to fix the issue...  We will be return x2 of them soon.

0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

The Roku employee's do not understand that it is not a specific channel issue, they give the same response out of their lil binder for troubleshooting. It is a device issue, it's all channels with any source of music playing, and if you have it set up through ARC then it's all devices you have connected. I can uninstall/reinstall/reboot/factory reset and it will not change a thing!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Roku Soundbar/Streambar, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
simonweb
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

See below:

Model number

9102EU

Software version

Device ID

2E1157239909

Serial number

YL0078239909

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @simonweb,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos