Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ads11

Re: Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

Did anyone posting here actually get help to resolve this? I’m generally a big fan of the Streambar but I’ve always had this issue too since buying it - music is very, very low in the mix on any sound setting.

Mazz
Roku Guru

Nope, no fix, i have tried all sound settings on the Streambar and my tv, some improvement with turing off leveling on tv and roku, but still low when music is being played.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ads11,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku Streambar. We would be happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your current issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ccouch
Reel Rookie

Roku support is kind of a clown 🤡 show at this point.  I think a running tally of this thread shared on social media platforms is needed.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ccouch,

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our Roku support. We take customer feedback very seriously and we would like to gather more information to investigate the matter. Can you please provide us with specific details of the issue you encountered? Kindly provide as well your Roku device the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

We value your feedback and we strive to improve our services.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
smsmith42
Reel Rookie

I'm absolutely daft that and didn't know this thread was still going. Didn't help that 2022 really just kept laying on the pain.

Serial is YL003G701291

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @smsmith42,

Thanks for your post. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.
Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
simonweb
Reel Rookie

There’s really not much point talking to support, they clearly haven’t read this thread. Just go round in circles asking about the connected TV (which is totally unrelated to the issue) and to change sound settings. 

Trust me we have tried every combination of sound settings!

Mazz
Roku Guru

I was hoping with Roku OS 12 it would have resolved the low sound when any Music is playing would have been fixed. It's obvious Roku cannot fix this issue and i will be dumping my Streambar and will just revert back to an older Model that i know works.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mazz

Thanks for getting in contact. 

It looks like our Support team reached out to you on this same issue you are seeing. Have you tried following the steps suggested? This issue may occur due to an issue with the device's hardware or improper audio settings. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below and check if it resolves the issue:

• Navigate to Home>Settings>System > System restart 
  • Press the Star button on your Roku remote while playing any content on Roku
  • Select Sound settings
  • Use the directional pad to switch Volume mode to the desired setting. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
    • Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos