suwar1

Private listening audio choppy

I am using the Roku app and my Bluetooth earbuds connected to my phone. When I activate private listening the audio is static and choppy. I've tried restarting the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting my phone and restarting the TV. None are working. I have android 13 Google phone TCL Roku TV. Please help

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening audio choppy

Hi @suwar1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We'll be delighted to help you with your private listening problem on the Roku mobile app. Please try to use a different set of earbuds and see if the issue still persists.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

• Having the same issue on my Pixel 7. Just started this week. Have to turn private listening on then off then on (repeat) again until it stops cutting out. 
  • Has to be an issue with the app. 
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing the experience you have with this issue, @Dargis49.

May we ask if this issue happens when accessing particular apps, perhaps the YouTube app? Also, as suggested, have you tried using different earbuds to check if the issue persists?

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Padajuan

This is happening to me too. All apps are affected. Using wired headphones into my phone and the Roku app. What is going on? This the main feature I've invested two TV's and a Roku device just to be able to do private listening with my wife when kids are asleep. Please help

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Padajuan,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? When did the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? In addition, have you tried to uninstall your Roku app, restart your mobile, and reinstall the Roku app to see if the issue persists?

For more references on how to resolve an issue with private listening, visit our support article.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos