Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Break
Reel Rookie

Pixelation on TCL Roku TV, But Not with Other Streaming Box

About two weeks ago, my TCL TV (55S431, only purchased 2 months ago) started having severe red, blue, and green pixelation on certain shows on Netflix, AppleTV, and Prime; BUT, when I use a Comcast Flex streaming box there are no issues at all. So clearly the problem isn't the TV itself, but rather the Roku software, or the interface between the tv and Roku. The pixelation doesn't start immediately, but after 30-60 seconds. Oddly, the shows affected only seem to be newer ones--when I play star trek next generation episodes, for example, there are no issues.

I have tried restarting, resetting (both just picture, and full factory reset), updating software, etc., but no difference. See the pictures of the same scene from Lupin on Netflix using both Roku directly and the Flex box.

RokuRokuFlex BoxFlex Box

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Pixelation on TLC Roku TV, But Not with Other Streaming Box

@_Break

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information: 

-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_Break
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

Here you go:

-Roku TV brand and model: C139X; TCL model 55S431
-serial number: X00000HFW8R8
-device ID:
S02V209FW8R8
-software OS/version:
9.40 build 4207-93
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button):
This happens with all of the channels I have tried—Netflix, Amazon Prime, AppleTV, and Youtube. But as previously stated, it only happens with certain shows, and it seems like mostly newer shows/movies get pixelated but older ones don’t. For Netflix, that means that Lupin is pixelated, but not Start Trek Next Generation. For Amazon Prime, that means that the new Borat movie is Pixelated, but Star Trek Nemesis is not
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times):
ID R8-108-241 (after trying it on a couple different shows when pixelated, the last digit of the issue ID keeps changing)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:
All I am doing is pressing power on the Roku remote, selecting Netflix, Amazon, etc., then selecting the show in question and playing it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@_Break

Thanks for providing us with the information that we requested.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_Break
Reel Rookie

I have not heard anything and am still experiencing the same issue. Please contact me to address this. 

0 Kudos
_Break
Reel Rookie

Still no word. This is absolutely unacceptable customer service. I will be filing multiple complaints if someone does not get back to me. I paid good money for a tv that is barely functional. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@_Break

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Just as an update, we have submitted your issue to our team and it is still under investigation. Once feedback is available, we'll let you know immediately. In the meantime, we suggest reaching out to TCL support to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can call them at 1-877-300-8837 or visit https://support.tcl.com/us.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TechNovice

I have a very similar problem and have been waiting for a reply. Crickets. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @TechNovice

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically the issue you're experiencing? Have you tried running a software update on your Roku TV? To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos