Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill54
Reel Rookie

Pair Spectrum remote with Hisense 55

I am trying to pair Spectrum remote to Hisense 55. I tried all the 5 digit codes. The best code is 14740, but the arrows on the remote do not work when the TV and cable box are first turned on. It starts at the home page and will not shift to the cable box.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pair Spectrum remote with Hisense 55

Try codes 11758, 10178, 14398, 12049

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Bill54
Reel Rookie

Thanks.  I tried all those and 11 more.

I talked with a Spectrum tech who said he had heard the complaint before, and the remote cannot go from the home screen over to the connection options (via the arrows) when the TV and cable box are first turned on.  I will have to continue to use the Hisense remote to select the connection option.

The tech thought another brand of remote might work.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If you want a universal remote that would work with your cable box, by IR, and roku tv try the Inteset 422-3:

https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-Universal-Backlit-Learning-Streamers/dp/B00M4I1BAY/ref=pd_ybh_a_172?_...

Edmund

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The last two codes aren't usually listed under Hisense, because there are TCL roku tv codes. A Hisense roku tv remote would not work on a TCL roku tv, but TCL tv remotes do work on Hisense roku tv's. Truly give them a try!!

When you're tuned to the cable box, try having the cable remote in the tv device without switching inputs on the tv, do the cursor keys work the cable box?

Edmund

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee wrote:

If you want a universal remote that would work with your cable box, by IR, and roku tv try the Inteset 422-3:

FYI: The Inteset 422-3 doesn't have a period or dash separator key which would be necessary to directly reach a DTV channel.

For Roku TV that's not a problem because Roku doesn't recognize number keys. But, there has been recent speculation that Roku may be adding number-key support. Me & a couple others have noticed the numbers are recognized and displayed in the lower-left corner. But, it's not acted upon. Maybe it will be.

Just something to be aware of. If a person doesn't plan to watch antenna tv, no problem. (It seems like a very good remote in every other way.). But, if someone contemplates using the remote with a different tv to watch antenna tv (or with a external DTV tuner box) the Inteset 422-3 won't work as easily.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@Visitor45763 

The inteset remote gives access to commands not preprogrammed via the preset codes. These are 5 digit codes for individual functions like the dash. Or discrete channel commands for the roku tv like disney+ or apple tv. Tell me the setup code that is missing the dash I will see if I can find the 5 digit code, which you map to another unused key.

See this thread for discrete channel commands for the roku tv:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Enhanced-remote-won-t-control-volume-on-optical-co...

Edmund

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee 

Tell me the setup code that is missing the dash I will see if I can find the 5 digit code, which you map to another unused key.

As far as I could tell, all preprogramed code sets don't have the separator or period mapped because there is no key on the remote for it. I saw a FAQ on Inteset's web site saying it's a known thing. They suggest using learning mode to assign the separator to the key (learning from a remote that has the key). 

I should have mentioned it is supposed to be possible. But, basically the code sets are throwing away a remote key, and making the purchaser take that extra step to add it. I guess what I should have said is that the remote has no separator key, and because of that the codesets don't map that key (even if the codeset for the tv has the key). It's an additional thing a person has to do, assuming they have the original remote to "learn" from.

There are other remotes with a separator key. If it were me, I'd just go that way. "One for all" has some nice remotes (some are learning, and wide-beam IR, and numeric keypad). I want to get one of those, but they don't seem to be available anywhere. Not sure if the company is still in business, or if it's holiday/pandemic related. I'm waiting to see if they return to stock. The Sofabaton looks good too, but the numeric keys are small/cramped. For me, I would go with that before the Inteset with the forgotten separator. (But, I'm more of an antenna-tv user. I can understand why it wouldn't matter to someone else.).  

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The Inteset 433-2 is made by UEI, the parent company of One-For-All. Only UEI remote have efc or advanced codes, they have had them from the very beginning in the 1980's. Looking up some of the popular brands of tv for dash:

sony dash: 00207

Samsung dash: 00219

LG dash: 00018

toshiba dash 00055

If you want OFA model try urc-7880, cheap on ebay. 

Edmund

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee 

I was kind of wanting the URC 7140, but apparently it's not available in the US. My post a few minutes ago caused me to contact them through chat. I learned that I was looking at a much larger list of remotes available in Europe -- where all the civilized people are who expect useful remotes. There's only 6-8 in the US (the 7140 isn't).  But, they expect to have 10 more in the coming months. (Maybe I could find a European retailer who would ship to the US.). 

One For All has so many remotes, you have to look at each one to understand how it differs. I was wanting learning mode (also wide-angle IR. But, that's not a showstopper). It looks like the 7880 isn't learning. That is a show stopper. I plan to use a universal remote with an external DTV tuner. I don't expect a codeset to exist for an obscure ViewTV AT-300. I figure I'll need learning.

Anyway, I'm probably hijacking the topic. I just wanted to mention the Intetec 422-3 doesn't have a separator (period or dash) key. It requires extra programming, and may require the original remote to learn from. If someone ever wanted to use the remote with DTV (especially if Roku is adding support for number keys, which has been recently speculated), that might be a concern. It's too bad Intetec omits that key (or, doesn't map the codesets for remotes that have that key, to a reasonable & unused key as a starting point.). It seems like a very nice remote in every other way. Feels good. Solid. Just not as DTV friendly as it could be.

0 Kudos