Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janilove
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

Nothing bye! end of the conversation 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of 70" black screen customers. I had the two year (if you register) warranty and mine went black three years and six days after registration. It is highly unlikely for this to occur without it being a problem with the product! This tv is my "Bah Humbug" and coal in my stocking for Christmas!  I loved it until I couldn't.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @12202020,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you are experiencing with your Onn Roku TV. Can you please provide the details asked in my post above? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With more details, we will be able to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnsonboys4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Eunice, I truly thank you for trying to reconcile issues with our Onn TV's but this blacklight/black screen of death isn't going away. This is a known issue with Onn and they are not taking responsibility for it. Maybe a class action, maybe that might get their attention on this issue. 🤔

I've moved on from Onn (never to return) and yes I've shouted it loud and clear to all my friends, family and strangers. My suggestion is for anyone contemplating purchasing an Onn- run in the opposite direction and pruchase another brand.

0 Kudos
70inchOnn

Jump to solution

Same here. Purchased Mar 25, 2021 and today in December 29, 2023. First, screen went black but could hear the movie. Now no sound. I have done everything suggested with no resolution. 70” Onn Tv with Onn Sound Bar. Thanks Onn! Can’t afford a new one.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @70inchOnn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue, and we would recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can get in touch with them through this website, Onn ContactUs, or by calling 1-844-334-2355.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I called Matt’s Mobile TV Repair and asked him if he had any experience with my tv brand.  He said, “Yeah, from Walmart, its a buy and throw away designed to work for about 13 months.  Your backlight is burned out.”  I have a Sharp and a Sanyo that I have had for several years but thought I would buy the One as a gift for my new home.  I should have saved my money!

whiter048
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Done “ALL” troubleshooting steps and ideas and it still don’t work! Started about a month after warranty ran out. Fixed income can’t afford a new one but my better sense told me not to buy an Onn Tv when I did but trying to save a dollar and get screwed by somebody who has a bunch. Going in trash and will try save for a new one and start reading more.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @whiter048

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had, and we'd like to assist. We recommend performing a complete restart of your Roku TV to resolve the issue. Please be advised that factory resetting your Roku TV would remove your channels, set the Roku TV in default settings, and would need to re-activate the TV once again.

To perform a factory reset, locate the reset button or pinhole on the back of your TV. Once located, press and hold the button or pinhole with a pin for 30 seconds a minute while the Roku TV is powered on until there is a restart prompt. After that, kindly check if you're able to see the Roku interface.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv goes black but sound is onn

Jump to solution

Hi @bart55,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to unplug the Roku TV for 1 to 2 minutes and re-plug it back again. If the problem still persists, you may locate the reset pinhole or button at the back of your Roku TV. You will need to use a straightened paperclip or pin by pressing and holding for 10 seconds in order to successfully factory reset the Roku TV.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.