Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedoomster
Binge Watcher

Re: OS 12.5 update broke Spectrum remote connection

It did not work for me, maybe because we have the ancient RC122 remote?

Thanks for letting TCL know.

0 Kudos
JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

@thedoomster I have the silver colored remote; it looks like the 1060BC2/1060BC3 shown on their website.  If this model will work with your cable box, maybe the local Spectrum store can give you one of these.

0 Kudos
bunmusic

I also have the silver remote, model number Charter OCAP 4.  Cisco cable box is the Explorer 4640HDC.  All is working, today!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We really do appreciate the report. We have communicated this to the right team, and they are currently looking into this.

We'll get back here if we need additional help and on how things turn out.

Best regards,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
DWF2

Is there a 3 digit code to program my Spectrum remote to my TCL TV? Your update 12.5 will not accept previous codes. 

0 Kudos
thedoomster
Binge Watcher

You can try the known codes (see thread above) but none worked with my ancient Time Warner remotes.  I got a new remote (SR-002-C) from the Spectrum store and the code 11463 worked for me.  It's much nicer than the old remotes but was clearly intended for Spectrum's streaming subscription since there are no DVR controls for RW,FF or Stop. Those with older remotes will have to wait for Roku update from TCL.

0 Kudos
JeanInTN
Channel Surfer

@thedoomsterSounds like they gave you the wrong remote.  You should go back to the store or just call Spectrum and tell them that the new remote they gave you doesn't work with the DVR.  Even if you don't have DVR, you still need those buttons to watch free "on demand" programming.  I don't even see that model listed on Spectrum's website.  At least the code works and you can use it for the basic TV functions.  Here is a list of the remotes Spectrum has on their website:  https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/program-your-remote

I had service from Spectrum when they were still just Charter, and my remote is one of the silver Charter remotes.  When I called them the other night - before I realized Roku had done a software upgrade - Spectrum thought my remote had gone bad and had no problem with shipping me another remote (it came via Fed-Ex today) for free.  So they should be able to send you a new remote that has all of the features you need.  If the one they sent is the only one that now works with your cable box, maybe you need to to swap our your box for a newer one when you get time.  Or maybe they will be able to come to the house and swap it out for free.

0 Kudos
thedoomster
Binge Watcher

Not really, it's actually the very first one you see at the top of the list, with no model number.  Other than those few missing buttons, I prefer this new remote over those old clunky remotes.  It's better in every way - the shape and size, button feel, a System Power button, and even the backlight is better.  I have the old remote for those missing buttons if I need them.  It has all the other functions we're all used to.

I have a Charter 1060BC3 on order for my wife, who also prefers the old remote.

This happened to me on two different Roku TVs this week - one RCA, one TCL, both using the Spectrum CLICKR-5 remotes. Power and volume just stopped working. (The newer Spectrum remote continued to work on the TCL, no issues) I couldn't get either one of them manually programmed with any 3 or 5 digit code. Eventually had to use the TV/A-button and TV/B-button auto setup and just kept cycling through 0-9 til something worked.

0 Kudos

I found code 12049 fixed the issue with two of the Spectrum 1060BC2/1060BC3 remotes. I found the code at https://www.eliztech.com/remotes/spectrum-5digit-codes.php.  Hope this helps!