Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jras20
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] TCL 55S423 Stuck in endless rebooting with firmware 11.5.0 Build 4235-93

Roku still has not done any updates since this one.  My TV still restarts one time and then it's fine.  Getting annoying.  Don't think I'll buy another Roku device unless they can fix this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] TCL 55S423 Stuck in endless rebooting with firmware 11.5.0 Build 4235-93

Hi @jras20,

Saw your post and feedback.

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with your Roku TV crashing. We apologize for the delay in a solution and We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

After the latest update my TV is now stuck in endless rebooting is there anywhere to download a previous version that I can load with my USB device? It goes all the way to 100% then restarts and just keep rebooting. I've tried everything from factory resetting, unplugging for a while and nothing seems to be working at all. I need to get this fixed now. Where can I download a previous firmware. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Toyota4Life
Reel Rookie

Hey @JackFlash85 Go to page 1 under my username and see what I had to do and dealt with, the software site is https://tvupdate.roku.com/    it's also good to read through all the pages of this post and see what other have done or run into. If it keeps happening I would suggest buying a streaming stick of your choice and disconnect the TV from the Internet like I did so you won't encounter this problem again and keep the downloaded SW on a USB for future use if needed. 

0 Kudos
Rynotastic

I'm having this problem in 2024! Has there been a resolution to this issue? My TCL wont update past 10.0 roku update!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rynotastic,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with updating the software on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and app updates.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Software Update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Before updating, please ensure that you have a reliable internet connection. You can restart your router and restart your system.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.