Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gayangamc
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Home Screen Issue - Only Volume and Voice Commands Working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my TCL Roku TV. As shown in the attached picture, my home screen is not displaying any of the usual options, apps, or inputs. The screen remains blank with just the TCL Roku TV logo and the current time visible.

Here are the details of the problem:

1. Home Screen: The home screen does not display any apps, HDMI, USB, or any other input options.
  2. Functionality: The volume buttons work, and the * button activates voice commands, but I can't access any apps or inputs.
  3. Software Update Attempt: When I tried to update the software manually, it displayed a message saying "input code is invalid." I've successfully updated the software several times using Wi-Fi in the past.

I'm not sure what might be causing this issue or how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what solutions worked for you?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!thumbnail_IMG_4735.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV Home Screen Issue - Only Volume and Voice Commands Working

Jump to solution

Several people have reported this with different brands of Roku TVs.  The only solution I've seen is to factory reset the TV.  Before you do that, make sure you've tried unplugging the power for several seconds to force a reboot (don't just turn it off and on).

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Several people have reported this with different brands of Roku TVs.  The only solution I've seen is to factory reset the TV.  Before you do that, make sure you've tried unplugging the power for several seconds to force a reboot (don't just turn it off and on).

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Currently on day 4 of 55"TCL Roku TV on a blue screen. Woke up and TV wouldn't do anything but turn on and off. Later in the day the sound came on but still blue screen. Have googled and spoke with Roku and tried everything I read and they said....STILL BLUE SCREEN AND SOUND ONLY!! And wouldn't you know warranty ran out less than a month ago. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
gayangamc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Completly resetting worked for me but now I have a different problem of flashing colors. I should have gone for Samsung or LG 😞 This is my second problem constantly 😞

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.