Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSO
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] TCL 55S423 Stuck in endless rebooting with firmware 11.5.0 Build 4235-93

New firmware was pushed out on 11/1/22 since then the TV goes into a endless rebooting loop

i have gone through all the standard reset options with no help.

I have entered into recovery mode on the purple recovery page & do nothing there the TV does not shutdown or reboot which tells me there is nothing wrong with the power supply or anything hardware related. Once I proceed to download the recovery file from the internet which it completes to 100% & reboots after that it is stuck in the endless rebooting.

I have downloaded the roku file to a USB stick from Roku's site after entering the hardware ID C110X & serial numbeer. Put the TV into recovery mode & said no internet & loaded the USB in the TV that, version is 11.0.0 build 4193-93 that version allows the TV to boot up properly & as long as I don't connect it the internet the TV will work, but I am limited to OTA TV or using the HDMI inputs. If I connect the TV to the internet it sees there is an update & downloads the latest firmware & it causes the TV to go back into the endless rebooting. 

There is something wrong with the firmware version 11.5.0 Build 4235-93 & this model of TV

Please help.

25 REPLIES 25
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] TCL 55S423 Stuck in endless rebooting with firmware 11.5.0 Build 4235-93

@CSO

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lunytunz

Re: [OS 11.5] TCL 55S423 Stuck in endless rebooting with firmware 11.5.0 Build 4235-93

My son's tv did the same thing. It got stuck during the update process. The two of us have spent hours trying every possible combination of resetting the router, factory reset of tv, shutting off the tv, etc. Eventually the remote quit working. We ordered a new remote. The tv is still doing the same thing. Add in the frustration of trying to download an update via computer and the Roku model number can only be accessed from the tv that is stuck in reboot mode. This is absolutely ridiculous for a tv that is not even two years old!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lunytunz

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Mines doing the same thing after it updated tonight and it’s annoying. Can we revert back the update???

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Thebeanteam

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and our team is currently investigating it. In the meantime, please provide us with the following so we can forward them to the team for additional information:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CSO
Channel Surfer

Roku Support,

Additional details on my TV that is stuck in endless rebooting
Make: TCL
Model: 55S423
Hardware ID: C110X
Serial number: X00000957T76
Software Ver: 11.5.0 build 4235-93
Device ID: S041D9A57T76
Recovery screen version: 939.00R02201A

Do you want me to provide the Tracker ID? 

After manually downloading & loading Roku firmware file from:
https://tvupdate.roku.com/ which at the time was version 11.0.0 build 4193-93
The TV works fine as long as I don't connect to the internet, but is very limited in use. Only over the air tuner & HDMI inputs work. I no longer have access to any apps, including the Roku channel which means no money for Roku... hint, hint.

0 Kudos
Toyota4Life
Reel Rookie

On my TCL 65R625 it downloaded 11.5.0 4235-88 and it went into a loop, it would reset every 15 seconds after loading the home screen. I tried everything I could and called TCL support but to no avail. I read that I may need another main board so I ordered one from EBay ($32), installed and voila back working again. The new board come with SW version 9.1.0 1516-88. I had to factory reset the new board because it was in store mode and had a Canadian support URL. I decided to order a Roku 4K stick and not hook up the TV to the internet and it worked fine all night and day until curiosity got the best of me and I hooked it up to the internet. I should have trusted myself and not did that, it downloaded the SW 11.5.0 4235-88, restarted and then went back into loop mode like before. I tried mostly everything including Roku support which was a JOKE. My old board never went into recovery mode but this one did so I went on the SW site, used the Roku model A108X and the device serial number. I put the TV in recovery mode, put the USB in and it downloaded the SW then said download failed. I tried this a couple of times, reformatted the USB and redownloaded the SW. I finally tried the DEVICE ID instead of the SERIAL number, downloaded the SW, put TV in recovery mode, put in USB and it downloaded to 100% and then restarted and it stayed on. The SW version that worked was 11.0.0 4193-88, I DID NOT hook it back to the internet, I'm just using the Roku stick. On another note my batteries were draining in my remote every few days several months ago, I read to factory reset the TV so I did and when it came back on the remote and WiFi quit working, the TV didn't find any networks, even hotspot networks. The wifi was not resolved with the new board and I had to program a DirecTV remote to use until I got another remote, I also used the app. The DirecTV remote doesn't have a options function or RW, FF, PLAY, PAUSE OR STOP. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CSO 

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

At this time, we would recommend checking for a manual update on your Roku TV, and then seeing if the issue persists. For more detailed information about checking for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

However, since you are stuck in a boot loop, it's possible that you may need to perform a factory reset on the TV to receive the latest update. For more detailed information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CSO
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Can you tell me what the latest firmware is currently out there waiting for me to download for my TV?

I am currently running version 11.0.0 build 4193-93 & don't have the TV connected to the internet, have my computer connected to one of the HDMI ports to watch HULU/Netflix etc. All I have to do is to connect the TV to the internet & let it download the latest firmware, but if it is going to download the same problem version of 11.5.0 Build 4235-93 I think I will just be wasting my time.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.