Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BostonJones
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku onn 70in black screen never dropped restart does not work

Thanks for the correction. Will onn replace my tv?

0 Kudos
tseurer19
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

@madarp My TV went out this morning, same **bleep** as everyone. Have you had any luck fixing anything or heard back from Mary yet? I am trying to stay patient but do you think this will be fixable by their engineering team? Sounds like I'm lucky as this has been happening to people for months with no resolution.

HBIC89

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

I just got home and my screen is blacked out as well. I tired the reset button several times and I have tired unplugging it as well. While pressing the reset button and/or when I plug my tv back up I see flashes on the Roku logo. My tv was working absolutely fine last night🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
Fatime
Reel Rookie

@RokuMary-F 

so are we all gonna get any news? It looks like it’s been going on for months with zero update and every time there is a new post from someone with the same issue it will either be ignored or gets hit with the “please be patient and we will keep you updated”! This is absolutely ridiculous and frustrating! 

silvioneto

Olá amigos, sou do Brasil, e estou com um problema da minha AOC Roku TV, que ela inicia, aparece uma linha rápida na base da tela, depois fica tudo preto, percedo que está ligada, pois tem som. Contudo não vejo nada na tela. Socorro.

0 Kudos
tseurer19
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F Exactly, how long am I supposed to go without a tv? How long am I supposed to wait to see if they are going to be able to fix this software update? Can you provide an estimated response date from your engineering team?

batfam1975
Reel Rookie

I have been wondering the same thing. Our tv was very expensive, and we have only had the tv for about a year. How long will we need to go without the use of our tv? What is the estimate? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding a black screen but can still hear audio from your Roku TV.

Please be aware that we are currently aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is investigating.

In the meantime, please provide us with the following information: 

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
  • When was the issue first noticed
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel? 
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
badgerspit
Reel Rookie

I know you're just the messenger, but 4 months of this same issue and no mention of any fix is not acceptable.

Please give us all a proper (non-canned) response soon.  And "Please be aware that we are currently aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is investigating."
Is not a proper answer.

At some point, all of us will revolt, and start talking class action if this is not fixed ASAP.

rajeev

@RokuKarla ......the dates I originally provided below were incorrect, wrong year.....pls see updated below with correct year.   Please update on your end as well

----------------------------------------------

Hi...here is my info...please pass it along

• When was the last time TV was used without issue - 2/20/2023
  • When was the issue first noticed - 2/20/2023
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV - yes
  •  Is the issue happening during a content playback - issue happens anytime tv is used
    • If so, what streaming channel? - issue happens anytime tv is used
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV) - TCL 43S435
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen) - Issue ID = 3H-074-640
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID - Date Stamp = 2023-02-21T20:00:41Z
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight - Yes
0 Kudos