Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badgerspit
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

• When was the last time TV was used without issue - Early February
  • When was the issue first noticed - Several days ago (Feb 11th)
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV - Yes
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?  - Screen is black, so no way to tell
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV) - TCL 75S425LIAA
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen) - Unable to see anything on the screen to do so
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID - see above
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight - No
  • Serial# 1909GTC006129A00222
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bahamaboy123 @badgerspit,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate you for providing the required information for our Roku team to investigate the black screen issue with Roku TV. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thejolson
Reel Rookie

Okay so everyone having the issue here's everything I've tried-

1) Factory reset via the button on the side of the TV - didn't work for me

2) Factory reset via the command button sequence on the remote - didn't work for me

3) You can make out outlines if you point a flashlight at the screen while it's on even with the black screen, so through that I managed to get through the set up for the TV and download the latest update - didn't work for me

4) I plugged my laptop in via a HDMI cable and could make out the Miami Heat logo I use for a background when pointing the flashlight at the TV - so again didn't work for me.

That's everything I've found online to try.  You can try these things and MAYBE your issue will be fixed (I hope so for your sake) but for me I'm stuck with a non-working TV.

0 Kudos
Fatime
Reel Rookie

If you are experiencing a black screen but still hearing the sound of your Roku TV. Kindly provide the necessary information below: 

@RokuMary-F 

We were able to use the tv about !
 2 hours ago

• When was the issue first noticed 1.5 hours ago
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV- Yes
  • Model: C109X-Roku Tv
  • Serial number: X00000YWCK97(S040D01WCK97)
  • tracker ID:  97-069-278 
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
    • 02/17/2023 6:39pm
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight…… yes a little bit!! 
0 Kudos
tmanva

@RokuMary-F 

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
    • 2/15/2023
  • When was the issue first noticed
    • 2/16/2023
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
    • Yes
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • Happens immediately on turning on the TV
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
    • TCL 55S405
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID(we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • Tracker created 2/18/2023 at 12:30pm EST
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight
    • Yes
  • Serial Number
    • 1803GTO000519A00406
0 Kudos
Fatime
Reel Rookie

There is no way everyone experiencing the same thing but when I call customer service they tell me to bring it to the local repair shop which cost more than the tv itself. And the answers seem to be computer generated! 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @tmanva @Fatime

Thanks for the inputs.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks again for your continued patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Gabejw

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Followed directions given and screen is still black. What do I do next. 

0 Kudos
BostonJones
Reel Rookie

Roku onn 70in black screen never dropped restart does not work

I’ve had my tv for about 2 years now gave me problems with black screen with sound in beginning , then suddenly stopped. Now 2 years later doing the same thing again. Black screen but can still hear sound. I’ve tried every l thing from system restarting, unplugging, and the remote restart button sequence. Nothing works! My tv has never been dropped before nor has it been struck whatsoever. Will Roku replace or service. Seems like a lot of people have this problem and it’s a manufacturing issue, EVERYONES connection and cable couldn’t possibly be the issue.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku onn 70in black screen never dropped restart does not work

It may be a manufacturing issue, but keep in mind that ONN is the manufacturer.  Roku is more like an adjective in this case much like "color" or "HD".

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.