Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balvernaz

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

This started happening to me today I tried using the reset button no avail 

0 Kudos
DanDy1
Channel Surfer

I have contacted a helper and will be updating as I talk to that person.  Just a beginning for all of us I hope. I feel something should be done.  Please contact me if you want the helper to contact you. I don’t think it will be quick so you have time. Let’s stand together and see where this goes.

steinein
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

@alexa564 uh... The answer to that is a resounding "NO!", ya naughty spammer.

0 Kudos

June of 2023

I had the same issue as many late 2022.

I tried all the suggested fixes and could not get my one year old TLC Rocu TV to start working again. I stored the TV in my garage and pulled it out today to put it in bulk trash pick up. Thought I would give it another try as I really hate throwing away my $450 tv. Anyone out there find a solution? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JennyTamura, from following the 35 pages of this thread it seems that the only people that found a solution were willing to take apart the TV and replace a circuit board (or two).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DanDy1
Channel Surfer

Sorry,

I wasn’t asking for money. I was attempting to get us, meaning you, me, and as many others as we could muster to stand together. I thought if we could talk an “helper”, can’t say the l word in here, into standing with us a a whole then maybe he would see the profit he might make. But sadly I tried to talk to one and so far no luck.  Well I tried

ACnUT

I agree. Been dealing with this issue since 10/2022 myself. Resets, 24hour unplug and such are no longer working for me. If this was a software update that caused the problems, a “helper” would need experts to prove it. 🤔 

ACnUT

I just tried this method. Took 3 tries - but the screen finally came back. I will update if it stops working again.

image.jpg

Jitsgohs
Reel Rookie

@ACnUT Could you elaborate on the steps you took to do the reset and get the screen back on? Thanks

steinein
Channel Surfer

All,

My TCL TV is now working. Both boards were replaced.

For free. Outside of warranty.

How did I accomplish that?

It was a matter of persistence, being polite, and more persistence. I started out with the usual tech support people, then moved on to the warranty people (all of this was via email).

Then I demanded to "escalate" the issue and to speak to someone at "TCL corporate USA" .

I was told that never happens. But eventually I ended up on the phone with someone apparently from corporate. He also told me that my unit is out of warranty and they can't do anything.

But I did not let up. And I was eventually granted a "warranty exception" and today they sent someone to my house to fix it. The repair took a half hour. I don't know how long it will stay working this time, cross your fingers for me.

Keeping in mind my TV is in pristine condition and I had to prove it in advance and then again when the repairman came (the slightest ding or anything else they can use to deny you they will).

Hopefully this is helpful. Note that I can't give any further info or advice than I have above. Nor do I know if it will work for anyone else with a TCL set (much less another brand).

Edit to add: If anyone tries this please don't say "I read on the internet" to do this or ask for this or the like. They'll put a stop to it right away if they get wise. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.