Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plzfixmyscreen
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

The factory reset worked for 1 day and then they killed the fix. 

Plzfixmyscreen
Channel Surfer

The reset worked for 1 DAY and they killed it. They're doing it on purpose to sell more tvs

Plzfixmyscreen
Channel Surfer

Tv auto-updated and it killed the screen AGAIN. I think they're doing it on purpose.

Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

Plzfixmyscreen,

If you can reset again and then remove any wired and wireless settings to just use as dumb ish TV? It is concerning more if it sending an update on purpose to disable the screen...

Plzfixmyscreen
Channel Surfer

I held down the reset button for 20 seconds and it went back to the root menu of "setup for home use" or "setup for store use" after I had to select "English-United States"..... And then BLACK SCREEN again

0 Kudos
jFray

My TV is having the same problem for the first time ever today. Just flickers the Roku and TCL logo and then goes black screen. Can hear all the noises and can restart it with the remote.

I’ve done power cycles and resets about 200 times by now. It does not work.

steinein
Channel Surfer

Add me to the list with a TCL 43s435. I've done all the troubleshooting including the dreaded factory reset. Nothing worked.

Is there a current software update that might be the cause or should I just go TV shopping?

Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

Steinein,

Just at least get a new TV. If you have room to temporarily store the bad one IF Roku fixes it(even to let us access HDMI), do that. But you'll be waiting some time if at all for a fix so better off having something that works. 

ChaPre03
Channel Surfer

Hello, Karla.

Can you or @RokuMary-F provide us with a status update? This has affected several tvs across brands. TVs purchased within the past 4 years shouldn't suddenly all have the same issue. I would like to hear any resolution - whether it is a fix, refund, or replacement. Please do not continue to tell us "they" are working on it. 

GasNoMas
Reel Rookie

And what about those of us who decided to just consign these non-functioning TVs to the trash heap? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.