Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelghost70
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Channel Guide Info incorrect

My live TV guide (streaming) is still wrong on my TCL 65” tv. It has been now for a month. I’ve tried every “fix” listed without success. I even reset tv to factory settings and nothing has worked. I always use my guide but now the programs showing are not what’s playing. It seems to be on certain channels like Haunt tv is one of them that is totally wrong. Can someone please help?
Thanks

Issue report tracker
Model: 7119X - Roku TV
Serial number: YS00EN095916 (FU287E095916)
Software version: 11.5.0 • build 4235-30
Timestamp:2022-11-13T07:10:56Z
Please use issue ID 16-455-470 to report the current
issue.

15 REPLIES 15
Netekay
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Channel Guide Info incorrect

I am once again having the same issue; all the OTC channels are only picking up the top channel (the broadcast channel ABC, CBS etc.) and not the sub-channels like H&I.

Television information:
ROKU TV 7202X
Sharp model LC-50LBU591U
Software version 11.5.0 build 4235-38
Device ID 9H48A1374812
Region: Iowa

This has been going on for at least a month and I have updated everything that I can.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Angelghost70 @Netekay

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimbo12
Channel Surfer

Ditto for mine. This is my third Roku TV and will probably be my last as this particular issue is happening a couple of time every year!  Will somebody at Roku please fix it and then quit trying to make improvements to the guide? Everytime they do they seem to just make it worse. 

0 Kudos
Angelghost70
Reel Rookie

Thank you Danny. I hope they get it fixed. It’s really frustrating wanting to see a show or movie and you pick it and something totally different is on. I have 2 Roku tvs and both are that way a 65” and a 43”.

0 Kudos
Jimbo12
Channel Surfer

Update: I was finally able to correct it after running a new Channel scan yesterday. They must have fixed something because is also ran several previous Channel scans in the past two weeks with no change. Yesterday’s scan corrected the problem. 

0 Kudos
Rytstar

Same problem with Haunt TV the guide info is all wrong can’t watch any of the shows I want

0 Kudos
LoweKin

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

It would seem that Roku is having the problem again (over-the-air guide info incorrect). I found a thread about this problem, but it stopped in July 2022. So I assume it got fixed.  Maybe NOT. I bought a new 40" Roku 10/01/2023. The over-the-air guide worked fine for the first 3 days (everything in it's correct place). Day 4 the over-the-air guide is totally screwed up---I get all the channels in my local area (55), but the channel numbers do not go with the channel names  (CBS,NBC.ABC and others) and you cannot tell what program is on what channel without tuning into each channel separately, very time consuming. I tried all the fixes from 2022, none worked.  Does anyone have a new fix?? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LoweKin,

Welcome, and thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you reaching out to us here and the attempts to resolve this. Could you tell us if restarting your device and performing a rescan helped fix the issue?

If the problem persists, we'll need to investigate this further, and we'll need your help by providing us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About). 
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuERey I have a question about this, but only when it's a couple channels (Roku streams, not antenna) that are showing incorrect information.  On one, it's the time that's off, although once we go off DST, it will be accurate again, so at this point, I'll just wait. However, at least a couple others show programming that is all wrong, none of what it says will be on, is. Do we have to contact that particular channel's website, or tell you, & then you contact them?
Also, when a description of a show's storyline ends in ..., is there any way to read the rest of it?

0 Kudos