Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frank71
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound unless I power cycle TV

Until you turn off the tv via remote or goes to stand by, after a while the problem happens again.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Frank71,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

The issue you are experiencing may be hardware related. Have you tried contacting your TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their Roku OS products. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frank71
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound unless Ig power cycle TV

I was told you were going to take the easy way out : two tv, diferent brands (hisense and jvc) with no additional hardware attached have the same audio problem at the same time after a firmware update (firmware 12) that takes a power cycle or reset to work fine and you just take the easy way out and say it must be hardware related and check warranty or manufacturer support? Well the common thing is that they both are roku systems and that people must avoid buying a tv that has it.

Realeat20
Channel Surfer

I am experiencing the same issue on my roku TV. Power needs to be disconnected to restore audio. 

Please release a firmware update to address is common problem. 

Czarinael

I also have this problem with my Phillips Roku tv. So do your job and pass it along to the software guys and get this fixed.  

KlAshe
Reel Rookie

Hi I have been having the same issue on the Hisense Roku tv and having to power restart to get sound. It’s getting frustrating and the software is always to date. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue on your Roku TV since you don't have audio.

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku TV. We're happy to help. Depending on the complexities of your configuration, software settings, hardware, or cable issues may be responsible for audio issues on the Roku, such as no audio, distorted audio, or audio dropouts. To resolve this problem, please carry out the procedures listed below.

1. Check to make sure that your A/V receiver, HDMI switcher, or speaker is connected to your Roku with the HDMI, optical, or component cables properly put into both ends.
  2. Make sure all of your components are powered on.
  3. Verify that the correct input is selected on your A/V receiver, HDMI switcher, or soundbar.
  4. Check the volume level and mute settings on your television. Make sure the mute is OFF and that the volume setting is at an appropriately audible level. If you need help, check the documentation for your TV manufacturer.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about how to troubleshoot the audio issue: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frank71
Channel Surfer

I have done all you suggested, i see you didnt even fully read our posts, in my case, on both tvs with "THE PROBLEM", there isnt any additional hardware attached, just power cable to power outlet, both started having THE PROBLEM on firmware 12 update, different brands. Is it Too Hard to have your programmers check the firmware, or is it better to ignore THE PROBLEM, give the "usual solutions" and lose customers, since many people have the same PROBLEM.

Realeat20
Channel Surfer

Hey Frank. My RCA Roku TV is sporting software version 12.0.0 build 4182.

Its mind blowing Roku is failing to admit a software issue is very likely the issue. 

Roku representatives,

Please advise if your software team is even looking into software bugs. Maybe there is a settings work around??? Example turning off a standby or fast start up feature???

I am not sure I would ever purchase or recommend a Roku labelled product after the support given regarding this obvious common error across multiple hardware manufactures

Lemur11

Going to chime in that I'm having the same issue on two separate TCL TVs, further adding weight to the hypothesis that this issue is with a Roku software update.