Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound unless I power cycle Roku TV

Hi @Kandirose86,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

If you have recently provided us with your device information, we have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We'll follow up on your information and concern to be assisted.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kandirose86
Binge Watcher

Also note that i have done factory reset twice and i am still having sound issues after a power down.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kandirose86,

Thanks for following up!

Please be aware that we are still investigating this issue. We currently do not have any details to give at this time, but once more information is available, We'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bpkiely

I have a similar issue except with my Westinghouse Roku TV when a station goes to a commercial and then comes back there is no sound. I have to change stations and then go back to the original station to get sound back. This is when I am watching Hulu Live TV which is the only thing I watch on this TV. I have another Samsung Smart TV with a ROKU player that I also watch Hulu Live TV on with no issues. have tried all the recommended fixes. Probable will just return TV to Best Buy and get a smart TV and get away from Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bpkiely,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're encountering this issue, and we're sorry for the trouble. For us to investigate the issue further, could you please provide us with the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you're seeing.

Once we have the information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dreydak
Reel Rookie

Westinghouse Roku TV - a few weeks ago, this started happening. I have to go to System Settings and Power Restart to get the sound back- EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is a SOFTWARE bug - there are no HDMI and no audio cables; this is a Westinghouse Roku TV with built-in speakers.  Every single time I turn the power off and when I turn it back on, there is no sound, not even the sounds that the TV makes when navigating the menu system. Once the power cycle restarts the TV, the sound comes back, including the Menu navigation sounds and any TV app or Cable - this is a software issue 100%. This has nothing to do with the hardware, as everyone is reporting this on various hardware platforms and various TVs.

These are all default settings. All I did was install the Hulu app and watch Hulu on my subscription. It has been working fine for at least two years, but all of a sudden, about three weeks ago, I assume after a software update, every single time I turn off the TV and turn it back on the next time, all audio, including the Navigation sound on the menu, is not working - it only comes back after a power reset as described above.

Name: WR32BX2019
Platform: TV
Version Number: 6.71.1
Model: 800X
Device ID: [redacted]
Animations; Enabled
Display Video Mode: 720p
Display Dynamic Range: Standard
HDCP Version:
Video Codecs: MPEG-4 AVC(high profile, level 4.2)
Audio Codecs: AAC, EAC3
Audio Output Mode: 5.1 Surround
Widevine DRM: widevine 16.4.0 (multikey)
PlayReady DRM: playready 3.3.0.4.4.7 (multikey)

If this doesn't get resolved soon, it's not going to be worth it. I will junk Roku forever and buy an Amazon or Google TV. This is not worth the frustration.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dreydak,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku TV. Help is here. Can you please provide the information that @RokuTakashi provided above?

Once we have the information, we will be able to pass it on to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gvandy
Reel Rookie

That is the problem I’ve been struggling with too!  I

Every time I turn the tv on there is absolutely no volume no matter how how high I press the volume.  I have to turn the tv off and unplug it then when I turn it back on the volume is back.

0 Kudos
Dreydak
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Thank you for the response:
Here is the requested information

Westinghouse Model: WR32HX2019
Serial Number: YK00SU804425
Device ID: 34817S804425
Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4182-AX

Issue Tracker: 25-297-297

Issue details and steps to reproduce the issue:

Press the power on button on the remote.
TV Powers On
No Sound (Menu navigation sounds do not work)
Navigate to Hulu (Hulu App on Roku)
Press play on a video selection
Video but no sound
Press Home
Press -> Settings ->Power -> System Restart -> Restart -> OK
System resets (does a power cycle)
As soon as it comes back up and I navigate the menu, there is sound (Key clicks sound from pressing remote buttons and navigating the menu)
Play a Hulu Movie - perfect video/sound
Press Power Button Remote
Roku TV shuts down
Come back later (say the next day)
Press the Power Button on the Remote
Roku TV Turns on, but no sound - Same thing - pressing the remote keys to navigate the system menu and the menu does not make the clicks of the navigation sounds
Rinse and repeat the power restart process to get the sound back.

The issue keeps reoccurring.

It started happening a few weeks ago (around the last week of June 2023 and the first week of July 2023)

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gvandy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We want to assist you with this. Could you please elaborate on the issue you're having? Are you having this issue with a particular channel, or are other channel/s affected? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.