Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celeste1
Channel Surfer

Re: No more bass boost? Audio menu changed

I believe it is, and now that the quarter reports of loss of sales have shown. No one wants to buy anything from Roku especially since they've taken their beautiful sound away, on top of other glitches and bugs

billfuller
Binge Watcher

the problem is they have no idea it even existed, so when I and many others have asked to please return the feature they don't understand. because they don't use their own products so they have no clue how to fix them. sad they have gone the way of apple clueless on their updates that make features stop or completely get removed. sad for us that have bought into their ecosystem

billfuller
Binge Watcher

DFA4A5C4-7312-411B-AA83-19B0BA65CB8E_4_5005_c.jpeg  

as I and many others have said dan bass boost made our wireless speakers and subwoofer pop. we had bass boost and 1-10 bass and treble adjustment in build 10.5 and in 11 they dropped bass boost altogether . please bring bass boost back. the set up in 11 is inferior to the 10.5 and below builds.

EP512
Binge Watcher

I don't know why no one from Roku has addressed this issue.  Other than Danny who never came back and answered after it was clear the update knocked out the bass boost menu.  I just got a pop up survey from Roku that had an anything else you would like to say.  I asked them about the lack of response on this issue on the forum that many are unhappy with.  I doubt it will do anything, but at least they could acknowledge it and tell us it is or isn't possible to bring back the bass boost menu.   

With the new upgrade the System Settings tab in the iOS App has disappeared.  I used to be able to adjust the sound levels (bass, Treble, and so on) now all it says is restore to default settings.  So now watching regular channels it is way too boomy, and there is noway to turn down the volume of the bass.

0 Kudos
billfuller
Binge Watcher

you still haven't brought bass boost back why?

WillieT
Channel Surfer

For those of you who are not satisfied with the Bass performance on the Roku Stream Bar and subwoofer, your concerns are not warranted.  Yes Roku took away the Bass Boost option from their dashboard, it threw me for a loop as well… the sound was flat and regardless if you turned the bass up, it would only become boomy.  I discovered that if I ran the speakers direct via HDMI and not Bluetooth, the sound was rich and very tolerable.  Try listening to the systems via the Roku app and select Pandora, or whatever music app you listen to, and you’ll re-discover the sound that you believe you’re missing.  In fact, setting the Bass at +2 and treble at +3, with surround set at 3, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the setups fidelity… I’m running 2 pairs of the satellite speakers and one subwoofer… Amazingly wide sound stage with excellent bottom end to anchor the sound.

EP512
Binge Watcher

The complaint is warranted.  You don't have the bass off option, which was convenient for night time viewing.  Now you have to go upteen notches to turn off the bass.  Also, how are you running the Roku wireless speakers direct via HDMI?  Lastly, Roku could have answered the questions we had.  

Bobbo323
Channel Surfer

No HDMI ports on Roku speakers

WillieT
Channel Surfer

I don’t know what your setup is, but my Roku setup is a 5.1 setup., which consists of Streaming Soundbar, 4 Roku cylinders and 1 subwoofer.  You must incorporate the streaming bar to your TVs HDMI/ARC port, where you should be able to update the Soundbar once you’ve connected it via WIFI… Setup all Roku speakers via the Roku App downloaded to your TV.  In the app you will adjust your sound settings.  Listening via Bluetooth, you’ll find the speaker’s bass doesn’t sound tight and dynamic; even the treble is lackluster. Listening to your music via the app takes advantage of the full range capabilities of the Roku dashboard and its settings, because the center channel is wired direct to your TV… You get more network signal, when listening direct.

0 Kudos