WillieT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku wireless speakers...what happened to the bass?

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment.  The latest OS update robbed the Roku dashboard of its once signature sound settings.  With bass boost engaged, it was not necessary to dial up the bass and treble settings any farther than 2, to hear the subs’ deep, authoritative impact, and the seamless blending of the satellite speakers.  Combined, the complete system had a signature sound of its own.  Currently, it’s lackluster sound fatigues the ears… it keeps you wanting for the adjustability it once had.  It’s time to end these pleads for Roku to correct its blunder… Could it be the company no longer cares, and that we’re stuck with its diluted product.

EP512
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku please bring back Bass Boost!!

@Bobbo323 What do you mean how is my request relevant?  Of course I am aware the last update modified the sound settings for all users.  The relevance is I and many other Roku users are not happy with the modification.  The menu for the bass was changed and it seems like a downgrade to the menu itself and the overall sound of our Roku systems.  

EP512
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku wireless speakers...what happened to the bass?

@WillieT you said it better than I have.  Yes, on the previous menu you didn't have to 'dial' the bass from 1 to 10 to adjust.  You had the 4 choices, which included bass boost and bass off.  Bass off was convenient when you wanted to watch something late at night.  You just went to bass off instead of having to click 10 notches.  And most of all the sound diminished after the update everyone got.  There's no point in going in circles with this.  The update changed the bass menu.  Danny the Roku moderator/helper just needs to acknowledge this and let us know if the bass menu can be restored with a software update.  

Bobbo323
Channel Surfer

My response was meant for Danny who wanted serial numbers for all my components when the obvious issue is the software update they pushed. Sorry for the confusion 

EP512
Binge Watcher

@Bobbo323  Please accept my apology as well.  The notification I got made it look like you were addressing me, instead of Danny.  Yes, you are correct the issue is the software update.  Serial numbers for the Roku components are not relevant to the change.  I left my serial nos. anyway and Danny hasn't gotten back to me.  @RokuDanny-R have you not asked the engineers if the software update took out the previous menu for bass boost, which had the reduce bass, normal, bass boost or bass off options?  

WillieT
Channel Surfer

Re: No more bass boost? Audio menu changed

The first thing is to place your satellite speakers where they produce the best stereo imaging.  As for the sub’s  placement, I would follow Roku’s placement guide for achieving better low frequency, by placing the sub near a room corner or close to the wall, and use your bass tone control to increase or decrease its intensity until the sound suits your taste.  If bass richness still isn’t full enough, try setting bass control between 1 to 5, so as not to muddy the bass, and your treble control between 2 to 3 to achieve spaciousness.  Once set, use the volume control to project the sound.  If the sound still isn’t right, like the rest of us, you will have to wait until Roku decides to restores its sound dashboard back to its original operating specification, which is why we are all here salivating for.

WillieT
Channel Surfer

The first thing is to place your satellite speakers where they produce the best stereo imaging.  As for the sub’s  placement, I would follow Roku’s placement guide for achieving better low frequency, by placing the sub near a room corner or close to the wall, and use your bass tone control to increase or decrease its intensity until the sound suits your taste.  If bass richness still isn’t full enough, try setting bass control between 1 to 5, so as not to muddy the bass, and your treble control between 2 to 3 to achieve spaciousness.  Once set, use the volume control to project the sound.  If the sound still isn’t right, like the rest of us, you will have to wait until Roku decides to restores its sound dashboard back to its original operating specification, which is why we are all here salivating for.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
billfuller
Binge Watcher

cool observant 10.5 gave us bass boost plus 1-10 bass and treble its evident you have tv speakers only

0 Kudos

Yes, I just bought a streambar for my office.  Nice features but not much bass so I bought a Roku subwoofer as an add on.  Wow this thing is engineered well and heavy duty, like it could really put out some ground shacking thump but now I find out there is NO way to actually adjust the BASS level.  What a POS design.  I guess the sub will make a nice end table for my office.  I mean I can hear a slight improvement in the sound but nothing like the deep bass I expected.  And I have been all through every menu option even made sure all software was up to day and NO where are three any setting to boost the bass.   Seriously considering sending back both the streambar and the sub.   ROKU please fix the Bass Boost issue in future software updates.

0 Kudos
WillieT
Channel Surfer

Don’t fret… you made a good choice with the Roku Pro soundbar.  As you learn to navigate its audio menu, (this is done by pressing the * key on the remote) there you will be able to make adjustments to the woofer’s output.  You may need to download the Roku app to your phone so that you will have visual access to its audio control panel.  You are correct!  The sub has awesome bass capability… Even better, if Roku restores the bass boost option the program once had.