Timsluck
Reel Rookie

Live tv guide skips when scrolling

I’m having the same issue on my Roku Ultra.  I try scrolling thru the guide and it skips down 3 or 4 channels each time, only happens on ROKU App Live TV and Pluto App.  All others, YouTube TV App, etc. works fine scrolling 1 channel at a time.  Just started doing this 6/28/2023.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
GaryB007
Streaming Star

Re: Live tv guide skips when scrolling

Same issue for me on pluto tv what I use most. youtube is fine scrolling.  I have to hit up or down in a fast motion for it to go just one channel up or down.

0 Kudos
GaryB007
Streaming Star

I did a system restart and it is working for me now.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Timsluck,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to take a closer look at it.

Have you tried performing a system restart from Settings>System>System restart>Restart, then trying again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Let us know if this resolves the issue you're experiencing.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sls2008
Reel Rookie

I use a streaming stick 4k on my vizio tv and have the same issue starting on Friday.  What is the best way to resolve?  Sounds like this is an issue many are having.....

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sls2008,

Thanks for your post!

Could you tell us how you are powering that device? Is it to a wall outlet or directly to a TV USB port?

We suggest powering the device from a source that has enough power to avoid unnecessary behavior. Also, have you tried the suggested troubleshooting above to see if you're still experiencing the same issue? Give it a try by connecting your device to an alternative network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any differences.

We'll be anticipating your update. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaryB007
Streaming Star

It's plugged into a power strip. 

0 Kudos
GaryB007
Streaming Star

Yes I did a restart and it is working now.

0 Kudos
sls2008
Reel Rookie

It is directly to a tv usb port.

I did connect through my mobile app and it works this way but is definitely not the long term solution.  I also unplugged the chord from the tv and replugged it in.  The only reset I see is a factory reset, which I prefer not to have to go through.  I find it interesting that I have not had any of these issues since I installed this roku stick (2 years ago) and it appears that there are a number of others also having this issue all orginating on Friday.  Not coincidental.  

BTW - I do appeciate your trying to assist me.  Anything other suggestions are appreciated.

Sue

0 Kudos
Kephara

Thanks I'll try that.  It's clearly the system because I have Roku devices on 3 different sets and it happens on all of them.

0 Kudos