Channel Surfer

Re: No more bass boost? Audio menu changed

They should restore the settings or give us back our money 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku please bring back Bass Boost!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-when did you start realize that this feature was missing
-relevant screenshots so we can better understand the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
EP512
Binge Watcher

Danny I already left you the information on my Roku subwoofer and sound bar.  The serial nos.  don't matter.  The software version is 11.0.0 build 4193.  The bass menu was taken out by the last update.   The menu had reduce bass, normal, bass boost or bass off as choices.  The looking into should consist of why was the  reduce bass, normal, bass boost or bass off take out by the update?  It obviously was popular among the forum participants.  There are no errors to screenshot.  The answer we are all looking for is can they do an additional update to restore that menu, instead of the one for bass where you have to use the left right arrows to adjust?

BCRouk111970
Binge Watcher

100% correct, thank you for the response.

WillieT
Channel Surfer

Loss of Mid-Bass and Sub-Bass Extension

There have been numerous discussions regarding loss of dynamic range since Roku’s recent OS Update.  I’ve been an avid fan of Roku’s streaming devices, till lately.  It was a great leap for audio excellence when Roku launched its streaming Bluetooth speakers… Their satellites, Pro Series dialog enhanced center channel, and very capable subwoofer, in my opinion upped the game with companies as Sonus, Denon and Bose to name a few.  Their engineers created an awesome custom dashboard which truly brought their mini systems to life with rich, near DSP tuning with pressurized room enveloping high fidelity sound.  I know everything is subject to change without notice, for product betterment, but why did you change the sound?!  It’s heartbreaking for those of us to have this very capable system in our homes with an automatic update that ruined its sound.  Why not use your streaming engineering prowess to generate a line of tower speakers to match your Pro Center Channel as a technology advancement and leave what you currently have going as the initial Icon that started it all.  Bottom line, restore the initial equalization that was present in OS 11 update.  The bass boost option affected the satellites midrange excellence as well as the subwoofers richness!

Celeste1
Channel Surfer

Re: Loss of Mid-Bass and Sub-Bass Extension

I enjoyed their rich sound, I have the tower speakers and sound bar, and was about to get the woofer, but why now? The sound now is horrible 

0 Kudos
Celeste1
Channel Surfer

Amen, bring back bass boost 

Celeste1
Channel Surfer

I see its been a month with all these post about the bass being gone and how horrible the sound is. If some people don't like bass they have the option to turn it off. What about the rest of us? I looked on the settings every day to see if there was an update, whats going on? Robbery 

billfuller
Binge Watcher

me to danny boy, i left a comment as well, not hard people that have roku tvs or have bought roku speakers have pushed the asteric button. one drop menu had sound setting and their one option danny was bass boost which was great feature. then danny boy roku added bass and treble on a 1 to 10 level which added even better sound. but then they added a new build danny called 11.0 and all the people that have roku speakers with subwoofer were saddend because they thought danny that there subwoofer was not working or stolen bass boost takes a roku speaker and makes it sound as good as bose or apple well close. with out bass boost the speakers are terrible compared to the previous build. it would be a good idea and you danny could take all the credit for making roku speakers sond good again😂

Bobbo323
Channel Surfer

How is your request relevant? The last SW update modified the sound settings menu for all ROKU users