Re: Netflix issues with Streambar

Yeah, still didn't fix it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chad13

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps? If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stephaniex3
Reel Rookie

Danny,

I am not experiencing it on any other Roku device. ONLY the Streambar. And it is happening more than on Netflx. It happens on Discovery+, Food Network GO, MTV and Discovery GO. I have done all the troubleshooting steps and have deleted, turned off, turned on every channel. Still happens. The Streambar doesn't have any software updates nor do any of the channels. I check constantly.

The Streambar is Model #9102R; Software Version 11.5.0.4312; Serial # YL002C969449; IP Address 192.168.1.45 

0 Kudos
Jevans2966

Having the issue myself. Went over this entire chat and the whole "removing and rebooting" doesn't seem to be working. Moderator you seem to keep repeating yourself with the same solution. Do you have any actual solutions to this issue?

0 Kudos
Chad13
Reel Rookie

No they don't. The think we are stupid. Good luck

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding issues with channel playback issues on your Roku Streambar.

In order for us to better assist you with the issue you are experiencing, we will need more information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • what specific troubleshooting steps have you already taken to resolve the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HAQ0

Morocco soundbar was delivered yesterday and I excitedly unpacked it and was quite impressed with the sound and we decided to watch a movie and so we decided to watch Harry Potter full as my daughter is a Harry Potter fan.

At about 30 minutes into the movie I decided having found the application on the phone to sync the sound with the picture and to make sure we were getting the best from our new device.

My phone took us through the procedure and it was quite impressively done and then came the moment to resume the movie on Netflix and it was just not having any of it, we were unable to fast forward the movie the half an hour that we have watched and such a serious flaw has made the device unusable and we had to return it to our supplier.

Basically it would seem that you cannot pause fast forward or rewind anything on a sound bar that is on the Netflix channel.

I have three other Roku devices in the house and there are no problems with any of these, my only issue has been with the soundbar that was delivered yesterday and we had to return being that it was unusable. 

0 Kudos

Why is a “pro” item a slow piece of **bleep** and be so expensive?!? My Streambar pro cannot even load a Netflix episode unless it is the beginning of the episode. I have to go into another room to start a movie half way through. Roku you should be ashamed of yourselves. What a rip off. The insides should be essentially the intimate with speakers attatched.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @KilgoreTrout138
Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand how difficult you've experienced right now on your Netflix with the Roku Streambar, let's take a look and investigate the issue you're having.

Please try removing the channel from a Roku device, and make sure to restart the Roku device before trying to add the channel back again, specifically in that order.
Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.
Best Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos