Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless speakers and soundbar

I have added 2 front wireless speakers to my roku system.  I now have, soundbar, sub, 2 front and 2 rear.  My question is that now it seems there is no sound coming from the soundbar.  Am I crazy? Anyone else have this?  Thank you all.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Criebs87
Level 7

Re: Wireless speakers and soundbar

I just noticed the same issue with my system.  My sub / two front and two rear all work but there is no sound coming from the sound bar now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@andyswanson1975 @Criebs87

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to pair the Roku Wireless Speakers to the Soundbar so that the Soundbar is the host device?

In addition, we would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Set up your wireless speakers

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

When I unplug the front 2 wireless speakers.. then the sound comes out of the soundbar.  I plug back in the front wireless speakers and it basically takes over the soundbar speakers.  I purchased these to add to my surround, not to take place of the soundbar.  Any help here?  I have a roku soundbar, sub, 2 rear wireless and 2 front wireless. 

0 Kudos

When I unplug the front 2 wireless speakers.. then the sound comes out of the soundbar.  I plug back in the front wireless speakers and it basically takes over the soundbar speakers.  I purchased these to add to my surround, not to take place of the soundbar.  Any help here?  I have a roku soundbar, sub, 2 rear wireless and 2 front wireless. 

0 Kudos
Criebs87
Level 7

i have sound bar, two front, two rear and sub.  You will only hear the soundbar getting used when watching a show in 5.1 surround sound.  Otherwise most tv will be played in what’s called (surround stereo) which uses everything except the center speaker (sound bar).  You can test this out by playing a movie on Netflix or Disney that says it’s 5.1 surround.  You will then hear the soundbar playing as a center speaker.  

0 Kudos
Hch
Level 7

I was expecting wireless speakers and sound bar to always play. Kind of deceiving that this was never mentioned. Somewhat disappointed as I bought speakers to enhance the sound bar.😔

0 Kudos