andyswanson1975
Reel Rookie

Wireless speakers and soundbar

I have added 2 front wireless speakers to my roku system.  I now have, soundbar, sub, 2 front and 2 rear.  My question is that now it seems there is no sound coming from the soundbar.  Am I crazy? Anyone else have this?  Thank you all.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Criebs87
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless speakers and soundbar

I just noticed the same issue with my system.  My sub / two front and two rear all work but there is no sound coming from the sound bar now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@andyswanson1975 @Criebs87

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to pair the Roku Wireless Speakers to the Soundbar so that the Soundbar is the host device?

In addition, we would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Set up your wireless speakers

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andyswanson1975
Reel Rookie

When I unplug the front 2 wireless speakers.. then the sound comes out of the soundbar.  I plug back in the front wireless speakers and it basically takes over the soundbar speakers.  I purchased these to add to my surround, not to take place of the soundbar.  Any help here?  I have a roku soundbar, sub, 2 rear wireless and 2 front wireless. 

0 Kudos
andyswanson1975
Reel Rookie

When I unplug the front 2 wireless speakers.. then the sound comes out of the soundbar.  I plug back in the front wireless speakers and it basically takes over the soundbar speakers.  I purchased these to add to my surround, not to take place of the soundbar.  Any help here?  I have a roku soundbar, sub, 2 rear wireless and 2 front wireless. 

0 Kudos
Criebs87
Reel Rookie

i have sound bar, two front, two rear and sub.  You will only hear the soundbar getting used when watching a show in 5.1 surround sound.  Otherwise most tv will be played in what’s called (surround stereo) which uses everything except the center speaker (sound bar).  You can test this out by playing a movie on Netflix or Disney that says it’s 5.1 surround.  You will then hear the soundbar playing as a center speaker.  

0 Kudos
Hch

I was expecting wireless speakers and sound bar to always play. Kind of deceiving that this was never mentioned. Somewhat disappointed as I bought speakers to enhance the sound bar.😔

0 Kudos

Can we get a more specific answer for this? I have the same issue. I'd rather use the soundbar than the speakers because it's right under the tv but I just wasted money on buying a pair which only replaces the soundbar instead of adding more sound.

0 Kudos

I also added 2 front wireless speakers to my roku system. Its working fine. If you want to do recording with high quality then use headsphones. As we are using headsphones for the recording of Test de griffor at our office. While if you are recording with out using headsphone so the sound will definitely disturb the recording.

0 Kudos
carolinadude
Channel Surfer

I'm getting absolutely no sound from the soundbar pro. It doesn't matter what settings I change or what cord I use to connect it. I bought the soundbar pro, 4 speakers, and sub-woofer. I had a 99.00 system connected to my TV and it worked fine. I bought this system with an extended warranty for over 500.00 and it doesn't work. Posting links to directions that I have already followed doesn't work. I would appreciate it if somehow someone at Roku can clarify the issue, or the whole thing, 4 speakers, sub-woofer, and soundbar pro, all go back to the retailer, and I can reconnect my 99.00 system. This thing has turned what should be a relaxed and entertaining experience into total frustration. Signed, not impressed so far.

0 Kudos