randallpink22
Reel Rookie

Netflix issues with Streambar

I am experiencing these same issues. Please Roku, fix this glitch as it is driving me crazy!

18 REPLIES 18
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix issues with Streambar

@randallpink22

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randallpink22
Reel Rookie

Netflix works about 15% of the time. Volume is ALWAYS an issue and if it doesn’t freeze while playing it will constantly buffer and then stop playing entirely which will eventually make the Roku restart. I have deleted the app and added it back. I have turned it off and on. I have had this Roku stream bar for 2 years and it has NEVER gotten better. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@randallpink22

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel from a Roku device, please make sure to restart the Roku device before trying to add the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same issue soundbar here

stephaniex3
Reel Rookie

Same issue here but it’s not just Netflix now. It’s any channel I put on and watch. And I was already given a brand new streambar and this second one is giving me the same issues the first one had and them some!!! I tried to talk to someone through support and they were useless. I tried to ask her if I could be upgraded to the better streambar and i’d pay whatever difference in price since it’s under warranty and she had no answer for me. I want to return this and just not use Rokus anymore 😡😡😡

0 Kudos
Chad13
Reel Rookie

I have the same issues. Netflix is sluggish in response. Or it just freezes. I have to close and restart it. Then it MAY work again, but usually doesn’t. I’ve removed and reinstalled the app, still same issues. Restarting the streambar doesn’t fix anything. I have the latest version of Roku and Netflix. 😞

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chad13

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, it's important to restart the Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stephaniex3
Reel Rookie

Yah I’ve already done that numerous times. I’ve done all the troubleshooting and nothing fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@stephaniex3

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing the same issue on multiple Roku devices, this is probably an indication that the issue you are experiencing is not related to the Roku device. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing and what troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos