Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikamlapurkar
Channel Surfer

Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

It’s 2024, and Netflix still crashes on Roku with the latest updated software (for Roku and Netflix). I am unable to resolve the issue and a bit frustrated about it. 

61 REPLIES 61
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ikamlapurkar!

It is highly appreciated that you have reached out to us for support and we sincerely regret to hear about the inconvenience and trouble this may have caused. 

Before we proceed, are there any error messages prompted when trying to access the Netflix app? Also, do you have an active subscription to the app? If so, is it directly from the app or under Roku?

In the meantime, kindly try to troubleshoot the app by following the steps below:

• Remove app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  • Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  • Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

You can also try to update the app by highlighting it and pressing the star* button on your remote. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Happy Streaming,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aschatz

I have deleted app and reinstalled and it still crashes. I am beyond frustrated over this.

ikamlapurkar
Channel Surfer

Yep, I did that as well. 

ikamlapurkar
Channel Surfer

There are no error messages. It just crashes. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Aschatz @ikamlapurkar

Thanks for letting us know about this.

May we know if you've already tried performing a restart of your modem/router? Also, what specific Roku device you are having issues with? Further, what specific issue does Netflix exhibit? 

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
ikamlapurkar
Channel Surfer

Yes, I did that as well. 

ikamlapurkar
Channel Surfer

Plus it’s not just my TV, my sister’s Toku TV does the same, and we are in two different geographical locations. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the response, @ikamlapurkar

We'd like to gather more details regarding the issue you've encountered. Kindly provide the following information.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate this case further and address the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Bobba
Reel Rookie

Just like the others stated, this is a debilitating issue. I've actually taken to streaming through the app on my android to a chromecast plugged in HDMi port. What does the app do? Freezes completely, freezes image while audio plays, refuse to load.... SOME of the problems