Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harvini
Roku Guru

Re: Need to find model number of TV with Roku

Jump to solution

The loop he's describing suggests that the set was bricked by a failed update load.  It is doubtful that anything will be executing internally which will recognize commands from the remote.

User22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did you ever get out of boot loop?

@TacoTaco wrote:

That got me started in the right direction, mine is specifically 7234X. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
LacesOutDan17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe my issue may be the power supply board. I've tried everything under the sun to reset the TV and get it out of this loop mode but no luck. Hopefully, the new power board will work. 

deftek

Jump to solution

How did you figure this out? I also have a "YN" serial number but 7000X still gives me an error when trying to get the firmware.

0 Kudos
deftek

Jump to solution

Just figured this out. Here is what I did:

1. log into roku.com and find my roku serial number under activated devices

2. contacted roku customer support chat and provided them the serial number. They gave me the model number

Roku 65 inch R7 starting with S/N "YN" -  65" Hisense Roku TV (7216X)

0 Kudos
Jbflores18

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same issue mine is Hisense Roku tv 75R6E3 it’s a 75in tv I just can’t get to the menu and see the model # to update it manually so hopefully it stops rebooting and works only had it for a 1yr

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jbflores18

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tunji
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the reboot look issue as well, and no way to get to the roku model  number, I wonder why it was not on the TV. the model number at the back of the TV does not work to update the firmware. My TV is 50'' , the model at the back is LC-50LB481C and the serial number is MAKH9YA000419. can anyone assist with the roku model number? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@tunji
Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing may be hardware related. Have you tried contacting the Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tunji
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I called the sharp support but they could not find my model number, all they could find was same model number but the last letter was "U" instead of "C" that ended mine. However on tvupdate.roku.com , we can only input a roku model of 4 numbers and a letter. So what do I do now? is the tv now a gabbage?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.