Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need assistance with Roku Soundbar and Speakers

Jump to solution

Hello! @whitecloud2,

Thanks for the post,

It's always a pleasure to assist you. Please don't hesitate to inform us if you require any further help. 

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitecloud2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Arjiemar,

I have gone back to my wireless soundbar and removed the smart soundbar.  In the beginning I had dialogue and music coming from the speakers with the smart soundbar but the dialogue was very low until the dialogue died out completely and only music was coming from the speakers.  Also since I have the Roku Class Plus TV, which I love just for the brilliance of the colors of this TV I was not willing to give up the color on this TV for speakers because with the smart soundbar which is also a streambar, you do not get that beautiful color, so that's why I switched back to the wireless speaker.  But the wireless speaker step up did not give any dialogue from the speakers, just music.  I came online and read what someone else did to get dialogue.  He said to go to settings under Audio, and I forget what it was to click on next, but it was where the passthrough and stereo was listed.  He said to put it on the stereo and I did and I got dialogue and music but the dialogue was also very low and finally died out completely again and only music was coming through.  So I went into the sound settings from the * and tried the different settings, and for some strange reason when I set the sound to Music, the dialogue came blasting out at the same level of the soundbar and it is still working so far.   So I'm happy, I have my brilliant color and dialogue that is level with the soundbar when I increase or lower the sound with the remote.  I just have to say it again, I love My Roku Class Plus TV just for the color.  The TV actually makes me feel good, just looking at it.  It is stunning.  So hopefully this may be helpful for someone else that is having the same problem I was having with my speakers.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @whitecloud2,

Thank you for keeping us informed!

We're glad to know that you have resolved this issue. You did great in troubleshooting this one, and we would like to extend our gratitude for sharing this help with others.

If you still have other issues or inquiries you'd like us to address, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chasdrao

Jump to solution

I just changed tv providers. I now have Com Cast and Xfinity. When I hooked up my Sound Bar I get sound on my Roku OK But when I change ti Xfinity or Com Cast there is sound in the first few sec then it shut off. What is up with this?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chasdrao,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us. This seems like an issue best addressed by your TV provider since the soundbar works great when you're on the Roku platform. You can reach out to your TV provider directly and inquire further about the issue to resolve it.

We hope for the best for you.

Regards,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
51barnone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do you have them set to front left and right?? If so that’s why 

0 Kudos
SonjaMC

Jump to solution

so after reading, hundreds, if not more comments about people being unable to pair their Roku sound bar with their Roku speakers, I went back on Amazon, where I bought a bundle which included my Roku TV my Roku sound bar and subwoofer and discovered that they do not work together. I will be calling Amazon tomorrow or even Roku headquarters to let them know that they need to stop telling people that the sound bar will pair with any of their speakers. As far as I have been able to figure out the only way you can get any speakers to pair along with a sound bar to your Roku TV  is to get a Roku  streaming sound bar. Shame on Roku and shame on Amazon for making people drive themselves crazy rather than admit they made a mistake.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.