Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsuff1982
Reel Rookie

NHL App will not start up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I downloaded the NHL app, but it doesn't work. The error message I get says Startup failed. The app could not be configured. Please check network settings and try again. Now, every other app I have works fine and my connection is solid. Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the same message comes up. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NHL App will not start up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. @jsuff1982.

If the provided fix did not resolve the issue, we recommend that you reach out directly to the channel provider, as this seems to be a known issue on their end. Minor playback issues with channels are usually resolved with a channel reboot; however, in this case, it can be an issue within the app's functionality that only the provider can address.

For more clarification, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jsuff1982,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We'll do our best to assist.

Instead of just removing and adding the app, kindly try to perform a system restart in between those steps by going to Settings > System > Power (skipped if option unavailable) > System Restart. Kindly try to reboot the router, or alternatively, use a mobile hotspot if available, just to check for differences.

Please let us know if this helps.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jsuff1982
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I think it's an issue with the app itself. I tried to download the app on another smart tv at a different location and the same thing happened. Maybe the NHL needs to be notified of their app not working properly?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. @jsuff1982.

If the provided fix did not resolve the issue, we recommend that you reach out directly to the channel provider, as this seems to be a known issue on their end. Minor playback issues with channels are usually resolved with a channel reboot; however, in this case, it can be an issue within the app's functionality that only the provider can address.

For more clarification, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You say we should reach out to the provider but the NHL and roku have partnered to bring us this app and Roku is our provider. Why can we nit get proper responses as ro why this app is not working, and how to correct it?

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Anonymous!

Thanks for sharing your input with us. Please be aware that the channel providers themselves create, maintain, and update independent apps on the Roku platform, including the NHL app. In this case, since you've done all the troubleshooting procedures provided to no avail, we highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Service for further advice and clarification. You can also contact their direct line at 1 (855) 438-0681.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I reached out directly to the NHL using the contact form on their site for this issue. To my surprise, they responded stating that a new app is under development. They gave no details, but at the very least it sounds like they're aware there is an issue and hopefully it will get updated and working soon.

@RokuCarly ,
I'm sure that app developers for Roku have to go through a similar process with registration, similar to what is done for the Apple AppStore or Google Play. If there was a way to get some reassurance that the dev's of the app have been contacted regarding the problems, that would be nice to see. In this instance, we have no direct way to log tickets or get in contact to get updates on resolution. Why can't Roku be the proxy for us users and get some communication flow going w/ the dev's of this app?

Thanks.

Jump to solution

Thank you for being the Proxy in attempting to resolve this issue. As of 10/18/2023, the App is still non functional on the Roku and Firestick. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Marathon49thSt,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

As advised, it would be best to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue since it has affected other streaming platforms. This is an issue within the channel's functionality that the channel provider can address with an update on their end.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgfernandez1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any progress?

0 Kudos