Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

My windows 11 laptop won't screen mirror to my Roku TV

I have this problem and I have no antivirus other then the firewall. So there has been no answer for me.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: My windows 11 laptop won't screen mirror to my Roku TV

do I need a special app added to the roku tv and/or the laptop to mirror the screen?

0 Kudos
Rapscallion88
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Not really, you should be able to do it without an app. When you try and connect, check your firewall and a new network (specifically for Roku TV) should show up. I have Avast anti virus.

I changed the network from "untrusted" to "trusted" and I was able to mirror the screen.

Perhaps it is something similar with your anti virus or firewall.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

I know with my windows 11 I only use windows defender and I even turned it off and still it would shut off a few minutes after it started mirroring. SO there is something up with windows 11. I have tried other windows 11 Laptops it does the same thing. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I even posted on ROKU and no one responded to my post.

0 Kudos
Rapscallion88
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Perhaps there is an anti virus which is preinstalled, usually McCafe. If not, you might try downloading Avast and doing what I did i.e. change the "untrusted network" to "trusted network"

0 Kudos
cbmclaren

I have tried EVERYTHING y'all have spoken of and even though it shows the Roku TV in my devices, there are no displays showing at all. I've troubleshooted and everything and on my computer's end, it all looks fine. 😞 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @cbmclaren,

Thanks for your post. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to cast another Android or Windows device to your Roku device and see if the issue occurs? Can you also please specify the issue you are experiencing?

For reference, here you'll find a wealth of information and resources that can help you resolve your issue. How to screen mirror your Android or Windows phone to your Roku streaming device.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MKC-Mike

My HP laptop worked great with my Roku Ultra when it was windows 10. Now after the upgrade to windows 11 I still see the Roku as a valid wireless display and when I attempt connect the screen on Roku started to connect but hangs at about a third of the way. My PC thinks it is connected. The weird thing I also noticed is when I hover over the cast icon it says Casting to Denon-AVR but if I click on the cast button it says I'm connected to Roku Ultra. Now my Roku is an input on my Denon AVR so maybe it is picking that up automatically. So far I've rebooted the Roku, restarted in PC, and turned off windows defender firewall.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @MKC-Mike

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To start a screen mirroring connection on your Laptop or browser use the steps below to initiate a screen mirroring connection on your Windows device:

• From the taskbar on your Windows device, open the Action center Windows action center icon
  • Select the Connect button
  • Select your Roku device from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection
  • If you are unable to find the Action center on your Windows device, you can also view the list of wireless display and audio devices from the Settings menu. Go to the Start menu on your Windows device and select Settings > System > Display > Connect to a wireless display.

For more information you may visit: How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MKC-Mike

Yes - my post indicated I connect but the Roku screen stops at about a third of the progress.

0 Kudos