Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drake295

My tv keeps trying to change inputs

My Roku Keeps thinking that I’m pressing the power on and trying to change inputs. I took the batteries out of the remote and it continues to do it. It updated and factory reset it twice and it keeps doing it. It’s in a constant loop. Idk what to do.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My tv keeps trying to change inputs

Hi @Drake295,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku since if you're trying to press the power button on your remote, it will keep changing inputs. We will be more than happy to assist, but we will need more details.

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?
  • What type of remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, or voice remote)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jessie2006

HI John.

I Am having the same issue.  I have a streaming stick with the voice remote.  The model # of the remote is RC339.  I have tried the factory reset and unpairing and pairing multiple times.  I have a Sharp TV and tried multiple times but every time i press the volume up it changes the volume and also changes the input to the TV.  Pressing the volume down changes the TV picture setting.  It was working fine yesterday and now today it just started to do this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jessie2006,

Thank you for sharing this information with us, and welcome to the Roku Community!
We'll be happy to assist you further with your Roku remote issue. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Please keep us posted if the problem still persists.
All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stinkydog

Also having this problem with my TCL TV (model 32S335).

Randomly and frquently the TV will open the input menu, scroll through the options and change inputs, or just outright turn off and on. This happens on menus and while watching channels, and is happening again after a factory reset before I've even set up wifi access.

Tried fresh batteries in the remote or removing them entirely, no luck. Tried disabling various advanced settings, no luck.

I want to say the issues began Oct 6th, but since the 7th my TV has been unwatchable and we've had to unplug it.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @stinkydog!

Thanks for raising your concern about your TCL Roku TV, which keeps on switching inputs without touching it. 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but rest assured that the appropriate Roku team will be made aware of this to review further. We will ensure that this thread will be updated as soon as any information is made available to us. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'll always be happy to help you in the best way we can. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator