Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 43 inch TCL Roku TV black screen but has sound

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @Netto.

Apologies for the confusion. It's for future reference only. 

If the issue persists despite having the workaround, we highly recommend reaching out directly to your TV manufacturer for additional reinforcement as this could be a power issue. You may reach them here: TCL Support

In the meantime, we appreciate you sharing your workaround.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: My screen is black with sound help

Jump to solution

I have a hisense tv and it has sound i turned on the audio reader to help me navigate to see if i can fix it myself and it still won’t work no matter what i do. I’ve had the tv for a while as well it literally happened out of no where. HELP

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @skrillamary,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that your Hisense Roku TV is stuck on a black screen but you can still hear the audio. This issue may be related to a hardware problem.

I recommend you contact the Hisense TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. You can reach them here: Hisense TV Manufacturer Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,

Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wonder1

Jump to solution

Onn

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wonder1,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

• Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  • Does the issue occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem??
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sharp TV here and mine has been in/out the past couple days. Resetting with the button combo has fixed it the past couple days but now it only fixes it for a short period before the screen goes black again. Shinning a flashlight on it shows nothing and sound is still on. Is this a software issue?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Adventure841,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you have with the black screen with sound on your Sharp Roku TV and the steps you took to resolve it.

It's possible that your TV may be experiencing a software or hardware issue that is causing the black screen. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the input source: Make sure you have selected the correct input source on your TV. You can do this by pressing the input or source button on your TV remote and selecting the input that corresponds to the device you're using.

Check the cables: Ensure that all the cables connected to your TV and the device you're using (such as a cable box or streaming device) are securely plugged in and not damaged. Try unplugging and plugging them back in to see if this helps.

Try a different device: If you have another device available, such as a DVD player or game console, try connecting it to your TV to see if you get a picture. This can help determine if the issue is with the TV or the original device you were using.

Reset the TV: Try resetting your TV to its factory settings. You can usually do this by going to the settings menu on your TV and selecting "System" or "Reset."

Contact manufacturer support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer's support team for further assistance. They may be able to diagnose the issue and provide a solution or recommend a repair.

We hope it helps!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gbrock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Stop trying to pass the blame onto the TV manufacturer. This is 100% a Roku problem. It should go away if you do a system restart on the Roku. Someone is going to end up breaking their TV trying to fix it when the problem is with the Roku. Take some responsibility and stop trying to pass the blame. People won't care if an issue happens and the company owns up to it. People get mad when a product malfunctions and the manufacturer just sits there and won't own up to it. 

0 Kudos
Netto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did system restart, did not work. I changed my brightness level 3 weeks ago and no problem since

0 Kudos
Gbrock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The other thing is that when this has happened to me, every other app will work and play video just fine. I love my Roku and have only had a couple issues, one being the black screen issue. I just hate when companies try to pass the blame off on absolutely anyone other than themselves. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.