Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Re: Multiple apps just freeze when going to ads

Why are you not responding to any of the cries for HELP 😭😵 in the other thread found here?:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Prime-and-Netflix-crashing-on-Roku-TV/m-p/921245#M39899 

These people have been shouting out for quite a long time and have been given absolutely no hope for help what-so-ever...

Is ROKU simply ignoring all of this or is this simply part of their marketing campaign which is to simply get the countries, who produce these TV's, to simply mass produce garbage every year just to keep money flowing...

PLEASE GET SOME REAL ANSWERS ON THIS ISSUE!!

Original poster @Setablaze777  ‎04-09-2023 03:45 PM who gave us a Band-Aid but not a fix.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @TooTechnical.

We sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

In this case, we will be requesting additional reinforcement from the relevant Roku team for further review and find you the best resolution possible. 

Kindly provide us with the following details below, as requested by the team.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
animationdirect
Reel Rookie

I'm trying to watch Peacock Premium. While watching a show, the ad plays, then the show continues for approximately 3 seconds (with the ad timer stuck in bottom left corner), then Roku freezes and reboots. Happens every time there is an ad.

So, I watch a few minutes of the show, 60 seconds of ads, the show plays for 3 seconds, Roku freezes and reboots, I load Peacock, find my show, watch 60 more seconds of ads again, *repeat*.

This is ridiculous.

I've tried the previously mentioned troubleshooting tips. Nothing works. I believe the last update broke something since everything was fine prior. 

Tracker Info:

4630X

YR00A9773900

12.5.0 4178-29

2023-12-13T01:42:57Z

00-498-342

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for raising your concern, @animationdirect.

No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible but we will need further information first.

• May we first know if this happens on the Peacock channel only? If you also observed this on the other channels, kindly specify. 
  • As we check, you have multiple devices linked to your Roku account, does this happen to your other players as well? 

In this instance, we suggest connecting your affected Roku player to an alternative network connection. Perhaps, a mobile hotspot would do, to see if this will make a difference.

We'll be looking forward to your update as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Hi Carly,

Not to be rude or anything, however, this has been going on for too long now and it's time the questions stop and the sleeves get rolled up.

Between this post and the other post (Prime and Netflix crashing), I believe y'all have more than enough info to do your voodoo magic.

I think 🤔 it's time perhaps you get 10 different ROKU tv models in a lab with a "regular" internet hook up, say 400mb total, and wait and see for yourselves what happens over time.

If nothing happens within 4 months or so, you're obviously in a wrong spot. Go to a different lab or house to test in.

Hopefully this will help more than waiting for everyone giving you their detailed error reports. 

@Setablaze777 

0 Kudos

I agree with @TooTechnical about this issue. It’s been going on too long and is ruining peoples experience with your product. I understand that you may need specific error reports to either further your data collection process but plenty of people on this forum and on multiple others such as the forum mentioned in @TooTechnical s post have given the proper information asked for. Not only is this happening on one app but multiple apps throughout Roku’s software (Peacock, Youtube TV, Paramount+, etc). This is a Roku product issue and obviously a tech support issue. Please get to the bottom of this issue because I am sure me and many others involved with this problem are both losing faith in the Roku team and its products alike. 

Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
animationdirect
Reel Rookie

Thank you for a quick response.

I was only able test a few channels. I've tried Roku Channel, Vudu, and Prime/Freevee. I don't have any other channel subscriptions to try.

That said, I can only replicate the issue reliably in the Peacock app (premium subscription). It crashes after every commercial.

I have a wired ethernet connection to my router so I don't have to worry about wifi issues.

My other Roku 4630X doesn't seem to be crashing after streaming Peacock commercials. The specs and firmware are identical to the problem Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.
It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channels are affected and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
animationdirect
Reel Rookie

I gave all this info already.

Tracker ID:

Model: 4630X

Serial: YR00A9773900

Software: 12.5.0 build 4178-29

GC: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-13T01:42:57Z

Issue ID: 00-498-342

Channel: Peacock TV 4.11 build 23

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for this information, @animationdirect.

Rest assured, we have already collected and forwarded this to our appropriate team for investigation.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos