Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpplease12
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing out of nowhere

Jump to solution

The issue is not judder, it is motion smoothing at all times

0 Kudos
Ilikebread
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Stop making bullsh*t excuses. I already returned my TV and refuse to ever purchase another Roku product. Forcing settings on a product is absolute bullsh*t!! 

wilmer1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem is not resolved and it's insane that you would mark it as solved when 0 people in the thread have resolved the issue!! This is shameless!!!

bratface
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

To Carly the Bot, 

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION FOR ALL WHO HAVE POSTED HERE! Just because Roku is TOO FRICKING LAZY TO FIX THE PROBLEM DOESN'T MAKE IT SOLVED!!!

0 Kudos
Juswhi926

Jump to solution

Created an account just to complain about this. Just unboxed and mounted a brand new Roku TV and now I can't even change a basic setting?! I get pretty bad headaches with motion smoothing on so this TV is useless to me until it's fixed. 

0 Kudos
bratface
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Juswhi926,

Return it & get a Samsung or a Sony or an LG, ANYTHING WITHOUT THE ROKU OS!

0 Kudos
Helpplease12
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Posting again because every post previous has been incorrectly marked solved, even thought it is no way solved. My TV for MONTHS now has had motion smoothing stuck on, with no way to be turned off. We as consumers are constantly told it is being worked on, or are told it is our fault, with no solution when we are asking for the most simple level of control of the TVs we purchased. I know there will be no solution, but i hope that the company will understand the frustration of the issue and its lack of concern for fixing the issue. I will be purchasing a non-roku TV as quickly as i can from a brand that respects its consumers in any way shape or form. 

0 Kudos
Jmvt05091
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is an unsatisfactory response. First, what we’re noticing, whether it’s caused by a faulty judder reduction setting or not, looks exactly like the soap opera effect caused by motion smoothing—so the distinction is merely semantics. Additionally, according to the judder explanation provided in the link, Roku plays films in their original 24Hz frame rate, or multiple thereof, so there’s no reason we should require, let alone notice, any judder reduction/smoothing when watching movies; and yet there it is, no matter what’s playing. The explanation, in essence, answers nothing. If this issue is in fact caused by judder reduction, I’d vastly prefer judder. (Was anyone prior to this change complaining about said judder, or is this the result of someone trying to fix a non-issue?)

Lastly, asking people to kindly confirm if we see an option to disable judder reduction, without informing us where to find such an option, is ludicrous. And frustrating. The ability to turn it off is exactly what we’re asking for, that would solve the problem. As far as I can tell no such option exists, hence this thread populated by very disappointed customers.

Linsley4

Jump to solution

So...this is NOT resolved.  Mine.  My mother's.  My Brother's.  All of them are stuck with motion smoothing.  It is now a forced feature that makes everything look like trash.  And it gives my wife and daughter headaches.

Congrats.  You have rendered your own product unusable to a large portion of potential customers.

Linsley4

Jump to solution

Fix it yet?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.