Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

@RokuDanny-R 

• TCL / 65R15
  • SN: YS00K0322229
  • Device ID: FW291K322229
  • Software Version: 9.3.0 - build 4914-30
  • The Action Smoothing being enabled (despite it being selected off) occurs on all HDMI inputs and streaming channels. In regards to streaming channels, we've seen the issue in Disney+ (1.6 build 20200080700), Hulu (6.33 build 1), MoviesAnywhere (1.18 build 210), Netflix (4.2 build 81179088), and Vudu (1.3 build 319512) for example. Two of the three HDMI inputs have Game Mode turned on, but the issue still occurs. The other HDMI input has Natural Cinema on, but the issue still occurs.
  • This happens across all content. 
  • I've already performed an audio/picture settings reset. I've already performed a factory reset. I've unplugged the television while holding the power button for fifteen seconds. There's no way to get rid of the issue. I have to restart the television every time I want to switch to a different input or streaming. 

I've been in touch with TCL. I've submitted all of my information including photos and videos of the set. They've done absolutely nothing.

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-brand Roku TV and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-is there a specific title or content that this is happening with?
-can you provide steps on what you are doing when you see this issue?

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Legion
Channel Surfer

Such a bad look for the TCL brand. Hotfixing or letting people revert to a previous software version would fix the issue ASAP. Factory resetting doesn't wipe the software version so I'm still stuck on 9.3.0. not that I should have to do that in the first place.

Dargis49
Streaming Star

Roku tv. 7120x

Tcl model. 55r617

Serial no. YS00RD36072

software version. 9.3.0 - build 4194-30

It happens on every app and input. At random. System Restart works for about a day or two then it reverts back acting like action smoothing is on. When it is turned off.

0 Kudos
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

Roku TV 7138X

Tcl model. 75R615

Serial no. YS008L322961

software version. 9.3.0 - build 4194-30

It happens on Roku apps and devices connected via HDMI input randomly.

Rebooting the TV works for about a day or two, but starts acting like action smoothing is on, when it is turned off.

0 Kudos
yobry1
Streaming Star

That's why I bought the 43in 4 series which is 120hz in april bcoz I've read so many complaints about the so called "motion smoothing" in all tv's over the last year. I can't stand seeing all those tracers(most call it ghosting or shadowing, I call it tracers bcoz they remind me of trippin on acid) when there's a lot of action manufacturers need to stop trying to come up with new bells and whistles for tv's and make them ALL 120hz or higher first, then add new bells and whistles.

0 Kudos
Legion
Channel Surfer

It's not a panel problem, it's a software problem. 

Josh4

I had that problem with The Old Guard but other Dolby content seems to be okay. 

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

It not only does it on every HDMI input and app it also does it when the TV is in game mode. Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox one x, the menu looks like it's at 60 frames per second when it's in 30 frames per second mode.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@plantbasedgamer @Dargis49 @jarredduq 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Dargis49
Streaming Star

Update: well now they want me to send them a picture of my system info and the TV's tracker ID. Didn't know TV's had those. But I'll update my next move for y'all.