Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeonPhantom
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

I did the same thing and was told someone would contact me in 5 days... its been almost 15, I'm not holding my breath. I knew I should have just returned it for a new Samsung. 

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

That sounds great. Samsung's are great TV's no doubt but their UI is god awful. Pretty much a must to buy a Roku stick if you get a Samsung.

plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

My last communication with TCL was on August 14th (correspondence began August 5th). Photos of the set, tracker ID, serial number/QR code were sent on the 8th.

As you can tell, it’s been 11 days with no follow-up. On the 14th, their last email said they were still investigating the issue.

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

Call the s*** out of them. They can't ignore if you keep on calling.

0 Kudos
NeonPhantom
Channel Surfer

You do have a point. I was blown away with Roku and would miss its ease of use

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

Yep. I have a new Samsung downstairs and the UI is just a mess. 

Screen uniformity much better on the Samsung though. But the TLC does look better and the TVs were the same price.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@plantbasedgamer @Dargis49 @jarredduq 

Thanks for the information that you have provided. 

Can you please provide us with a tracker ID when you see this issue occur? A tracker ID can be generated by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x when you see the issue occurs.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and information.

If you haven't already, can you please provide us with the following information:
-brand Roku TV and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-is there a specific title or content that this is happening with?
-can you provide steps on what you are doing when you see this issue?
-please provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (A tracker ID can be generated by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x when you see the issue occurs)

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

Model: TCL 75R617 (7138X)
SN: YS00P0827938
Device ID: L4V04P827938
Software: 9.3.0.4194

There is no specific channel or input or content this happens with for me. It's seemingly random, but only happens when switching between HDMI inputs.

My current setup is: 
Built-in Roku apps: YouTube, Netflix, HBO, and Disney+
HDMI 3 (ARC): Xbox One X, PS4, Amazon Fire Stick

The issue never occurs when staying within the smart apps or when staying on the Xbox or PS4. It starts when switching between HDMI 3 and going to one of the Roku apps.

If you ask me, the issue occurs because when you go to the Home menu on the TCL, it implements certain settings for menu navigation - notably, cool color temperature, and motion smoothing. Then when switching either to a Roku app or HDMI 3, it fails to implement the user settings for that media. In other words, I'll have the color set to Warm and motion smoothing off when I'm, say, playing my Xbox One or PS4. Then I'll hit the Home button and I'll see the temperature change to Cool and motion smoothing is activated. Then I'll launch into, say, the Netflix through Roku and the settings stick to Cool and motion smoothing. It fails to implement the settings I'd prefer for Netflix or any other app, which is Warm, motion smoothing off. BUT the menu items say "Warm" and all smoothing settings are set to "OFF" even though they are definitely ON. That's where it gets confusing because the settings menu is saying one thing when I'm positive it's another.

jarredduq
Channel Surfer

61-345-392 was displaying issue today watching Netflix via Roku app.

0 Kudos