Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max streaming video lagging and stuttering

I’ve tried everything to fix this and nothing has worked. I’ve tried other apps and they’re fine, it’s just max. When the video plays it’s good for about 15 seconds then the sound carries on normally but the video jumps and starts lagging.

Troubleshooting I’ve done so far: •Changed HDMI cable •Deleted and reinstalled Max •reset router/modem •did a factory reset on Roku device •checked max settings in the video I’m watching and everything seems normal

Any ideas? I’m dying here trying to watch my show

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max streaming video lagging and stuttering

Hi @mclerandrew,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with the playback issue on the Max channel, and we thank you for informing us by taking such fantastic troubleshooting steps.

Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within an app. The respective channel solely chooses the contents and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. We recommend contacting Max Support to report the issue and for further help.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flambert1

Dear Chel, the problem is not ads, it is lagging and buffering...I will assume Roku does not have a solution for this?

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flambert1,

Thank you for clarifying your concern and for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

We recognize that the problem persists despite the troubleshooting measures taken, and we value the steps taken to fix it. The best way to learn more and get the problem fixed is to get in touch with the channel provider's support directly because the issue only affects this particular channel across various platforms. The majority of channels are created and managed directly by the channel providers.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
isaachaze1

I know this isn't exactly going to be a helpful response, but I'm having the exact same issue and this is through amazon (no roku involved). The video on my max channel is stuttering, and all the other apps works find. I've done the same steps, reinstall max, shut everything down, reset router etc. My max that is on another tv in the house works just fine. I think this is a problem with max and not the providers. 

0 Kudos