Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rukoraf
Reel Rookie

Horizontal lines in picture after update

Jump to solution

Have you been able to fix this issue?  

I am having the same issue with an Element Ruko model E4AA58R

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Horizontal lines in picture after update

Jump to solution

Hello @rukoraf 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding the horizontal lines you are seeing with your Roku TV.

If you are seeing the lines appear when not using the Roku for streaming content, this would indeed appear to be a hardware related issue. At this time, we would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer to see what insight they can provide. 

You can reach Element support at https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/get-help/ or at 1-888-842-3577.

Please let us know what you find out and if there is any further assistance we can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @rukoraf 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding horizontal lines on your Roku TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details about what you are experiencing.

• when did this issue start occurring
  • does this issue happen when watching specific channels/content or does it happen randomly
  • can you provide a screenshot of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rukoraf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • when did this issue start occurring
    Within the last 3 months
  • does this issue happen when watching specific channels/content or does it happen randomly
    It occurs all of the time. from start up on the main roku home page to xfinity using an hdmi cable to using netflix using wifi
  • can you provide a screenshot of the issue
    screenshot included

I heard this may be part of a software upgrade at Roku.

Here is my TV data:  

Model E4AA58R

Software version 11.50  build 4312-AY

ruko.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rukoraf 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with responses from our previous inquiry.

For clarification, does this issue occur when not using the Roku interface for streaming? It looks like you have a Xfinity cable box connected to the Roku TV, when you watch content through the cable box, do you see these lines appear as well?

If so, it would lead us to believe that the issue you are experiencing is related to a hardware issue. In this case, we would recommend contacting the Roku TV manufacturer for further assistance with this issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: 
Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted about what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rukoraf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes, this does happen at the main roku page and also on xfinity.  Basically it happens everywhere.

While I agree it could possibly be a hardware issue with the Element TV, I do believe a Roku software could possibly be the cause.  I read other online posts that this occurred after a Roku software update.

Any possibility of Roku software being the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @rukoraf 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding the horizontal lines you are seeing with your Roku TV.

If you are seeing the lines appear when not using the Roku for streaming content, this would indeed appear to be a hardware related issue. At this time, we would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer to see what insight they can provide. 

You can reach Element support at https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/get-help/ or at 1-888-842-3577.

Please let us know what you find out and if there is any further assistance we can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaroPou

Jump to solution

Hello @rukoraf 

Have you solve your line issue?

Thanks,

Caroline

rukoraf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This was never resolved.  Took back of TV panel off and everything looked clean and tight.  No issues with wiring.  

I ended up with giving it away.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos