Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qwq1
Binge Watcher

Re: Low volume issues on MAX app

same thing mine is HULU it's on 100% yet the ads are supper loud so it must be the App

sick of it it never changes no matter what I do! 

I even restored my TV Factory default

JohnDeer
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MTHEADED and @Qwq1,

Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with this issue. We understand the audio issues you're having with this channel.

May we know the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve this concern? Have you already performed the correct sequence of channel reboots (Remove channel > Restart device > Add channel)? Also, enabling volume modes (if applicable) might sort out this concern, so we would recommend you give it a try.

If none of these work, please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MTHEADED
Reel Rookie

I have tried all the troubleshooting measures in this thread and others.  Nothing helps or even has any effect.  The worst is in apps such as Netflix the volume is what I would consider normal, but as soon as I start watching a show the voices are so low I have to crank the volume.  On my Samsung TV I never turned the volume past 25; with this one I have to listen on 70 and everything other than speech is ridiculously loud.  

I currently have the sound set to pass through thinking the soundbar could do the processing, but that does not help.  I am not a fan of this TV.

0 Kudos
MTHEADED
Reel Rookie

I "fixed" the issue by connecting my old Roku Ultra box to the TV.  It is ridiculous to have to have a roku box connected to a roku tv just to hear people speak.

0 Kudos
HomerJ
Channel Surfer

Sadly, ROKU will soon be relegated to the bin. I've reported this issue to them and all they do is continue sending me emails stating that I should respond if I am still experiencing the issue. They NEVER provided any information on how it might be fixed but they keep sending me emails so they can clear their queue. I do not have this problem when I view HBOMAX directly on my Sony XBR TV. I only bought the Roku for convenience but its apps are lousy and so is the picture quality. Watching any app directly on my Sony produces a better picture and I do not have any sound issues with any apps.

Don't expect any resolution on this.

0 Kudos
HomerJ
Channel Surfer

I've actually just found a fix for this. Perhaps Roku will pay attention to provide this to others.

I am using Ultra. In the settings menu, go to Audio. Under the audio menu, there is a submenu called Digital Output. In this menu, there is a setting called Passthrough. Turn this on. When I did, the problem with HBOMAX (and MGM+) low volume was corrected!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.