Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmcl

Live tv over the air stations have disappeared

Jump to solution

My ROKU tv is not coming up with my local stream channels.  I have scanned multiple times.  Still no channels appear.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live tv over the air stations have disappeared

Jump to solution

Hi @Gmcl,

A warm welcome, and thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear that you're having issues with antenna channels on Roku. We're glad to assist. Instead of just turning off your device, kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device to properly reboot your device's system by going to Settings > Sytem > Power (if not an option, kindly skip the step). After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels. You can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels.

Please let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Gmcl

Jump to solution

Also have turned everything off.    Waited and restarted tv.  Still no over the air stations

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gmcl,

A warm welcome, and thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear that you're having issues with antenna channels on Roku. We're glad to assist. Instead of just turning off your device, kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device to properly reboot your device's system by going to Settings > Sytem > Power (if not an option, kindly skip the step). After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels. You can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels.

Please let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sdphillips
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have basically the same problem.  Cable channels were gone when turned on tv.  Have powered down, rescanned, and system restart multiple times and now only a few channels have reappeared.

JJ2023

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to my 2 Roku Tv's on Thursday.  Meanwhile, my regular TV still got all the channels.  I tried rescanning to no avail.  I didn't use either Roku Tvs until now, Saturday night.  It's now working perfectly.   I also notice the guide for over the programming is now working properly after several months of not doing so   Roku must have pushed an update.  If that's  the case, a big thanks to Roku!

0 Kudos
easyspin

Jump to solution

I was away for a week (last week in January) and when I came back only the network and PBS over the air channels were gone. Have done rescans, turned off streaming channels, power re-starts and rescans but nothing changes. I get all the over the air channels but the local networks. Reception on local CBS and ABC would go in and out (I live in the city of Washington, DC) but local FOX and NBC always came in no matter what.

Is this a Roku TV issue? Hard to believe it is an antenna issue when all the other over the air channels come in....

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. If you cannot find the channel you are looking for, try filtering the channel guide to display all channels. If you still do not see the channel, it was likely hidden by someone. Use the steps below to find and unhide it.

1. Open the Channel Options menu.
  2. Select Manage channels.
  3. Select Manage channel lineup.
  4. Move up or down the list and find the channel you are looking for. If there is a checkmark in the box, the channel is hidden.
  5. Press OK to uncheck the box.

You may also check out this support article here.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.