Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmcqueen
Binge Watcher

Live TV guide causing problems.

Roku installed their live TV guide/app without asking and it has been nothing but trouble. 

I have to start, then restart the app, otherwise it opens to the last live channel I watched and won't let me change channels.

Navigation is slow and clunky.

Can I uninstall this guide and go back to the antenna TV app that I used for years without any problems?

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Live TV guide causing problems.

@Gmcqueen

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gmcqueen
Binge Watcher

The Live TV Widget was installed on my TV overnight. When I went into the app, i could navigate to a channel, but everything would freeze - could not change channels or anything - it would only beep. I had to go back to the Home Screen and back into Live TV and could navigate for a minute, but it freezes again.

I tried going back to Antenna TV, but this didn't help aside from eliminating streaming channels from the list that I have to navigate.

I tried unplugging the set - this did nothing.

There is nothing to screen shot - no error messages or anything. Just the last channel I navigated to.

0 Kudos
Gmcqueen
Binge Watcher

Still having the same problem. I did a factory reset which helped for a few minutes until Roku installed the Live TV widget again and now it's freezing up again. Is there a way to stop these unwanted changes to my system? 

0 Kudos
Gmcqueen
Binge Watcher

I'm still having the same issue.

I have tried factory reset which helped for a few minutes until Roku installed the Live TV guide again. 

Does anyone have a suggestion or is my otherwise functioning TV now junk?

0 Kudos
dlb502003
Reel Rookie

how do i get tv viewing

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @dlb502003 

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gmcqueen
Binge Watcher

I'm not sure what else to add.

You installed a new Live TV app/widget about a month ago. I had been using Antenna TV up to that point.

When I opened the app, it took me to the Live TV Guide (this was new)

After navigating to a channel, all navigation functions froze. I could not change channels, open the guide or anything. The only thing I could do was return to the main menu. 

After going back to the channel I wanted, it would freeze again (after about 1 minute)

I tried unplugging the TV - no change

I tried switching back to the Antenna TV app - no change

I tried Factory Reset which did fix the problem for a few minutes, until you once again installed the Live TV app and TV navigation froze again.

This does not seem to affect any of the other apps I use; Netflix, You Tube and others all seem to be working fine.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Gmcqueen

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Gmcqueen
Binge Watcher

I have had 3 Roku employees respond to this thread asking for more information. I have provided that information each time, but heard nothing in response. The problem is ongoing and so far not a single suggestion has been provided to fix it.

Is there another way of getting support for my  Roku TV?

Should I just throw it out? 

Anyone?

0 Kudos