Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxstein

Live TV channels not working on my Roku devices in Canada

I have Roku tv, Roku playbar and Roku 4k express. For a couple wells now on ALL devices. Live TV is completely dead. Tried everything to no avail. YouTube and Netflix are working fine. So is Prime and Pluto... In the past I had some channels no working, but now none work. Whats the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live TV channels not working on my Roku devices in Canada

Hi @Maxstein,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the live TV. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We would like to know what went wrong to assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose Remove channel.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided still aren't helping, please reply and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
MommaWells
Channel Surfer

That won't work -- its the app.  RokuChannel post-recent update doesn't work .

See here for how to collect info needed to submit support ticket: 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Live-TV-streaming-not-working/m-p/891577/highlig...

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MommaWells,

Thank you for posting here on the Roku Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the Live TV channels not working on your Roku device. In order for us to assist you further, could you please provide the information requested above by @RokuJanadeeK

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rod9

still not working in ar us

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rod9,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your inquiry. We would be more than glad to assist, and we'll need more details. Could you please provide more information regarding the issue you're experiencing? Is this issue only happening with the Live TV channels? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bellmel

This is obviously a global roku issue.  Stop telling people to waste their time by deleting and resinstalling the Roku Channel.  You are insulting your customers!!  Roku needs to acknowledge the problem that live tv stopped working across all ROKU devices and provide an ETA as to when a global fix will be in place.   

MommaWells
Channel Surfer

BINGO!! 

It's Roku Channel - not user-error.  Ugh.  And it's been over two weeks of no live channel function. 

I have submitted all the requested error codes, device and driver version details -- still no fix... VERY Frustrating!!  

PaulZGuy
Reel Rookie

Nor here in Virginia Beach, VA region.

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

The problem is in multiple threads here on Roku forum, apparently they are aware of the issue.  The temporary hack is to disconnect from the internet, they should re-appear after that, however if you do re-connect to the internet, they will disappear again.   In my case the local OTA channels re-appeared, however many of them are still missing as of Friday afternoon.   I don't understand why they just don't rollback the bad update that caused all these issues.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.