Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live TV asks if I need channels 3 & 4

@Genoess wrote:

When setting up Live TV one of the prompts asks if I need channels 3 & 4, how would I know if I need them or not?

That question dates back to when people connected game consoles or other devices (such as a VCR) that had the ability to output the signal as an analog TV channel on either channel 3 or 4, for TVs that didn't have the analog AV input connections. In today's world, there's likely very, very few people that still use such devices, so you don't need to use those channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@atc98092  The original poster claims he is using a coax cable to connect his cable box to the TV.  In that case he would need channel 3 or 4.  However, you are probably correct and he is using some other method of connecting the cable box to the TV.  

0 Kudos
Genoess
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.